IE Script error

clTheme is not a WPI variable. Is it a theme name you are specifying?

I did that to see if the paths are set properly with your network share. I would say they are not. WPI is not looking at the share location for those two files, tries to save the default settings, then opens like normal.

Send me an email, or post here if don't mind, what they should be, just to give me an idea of where to start. Network share has always been hard with WPI.

Hi Mark,

first of all, everything was working fine in the versions up to 6.5 (did not test 6.5 but the one before I think, 6.1 ? was fine).

Second, in post three of this thread I posted the script which I am using to start WPI over the network. Here are the relevant parts including the full paths:

set share=\\server\REMINST
set username=domain\Installer
set password=password

set WPIfolderNetwork=Setup\WPI

FOR /f "usebackq tokens=2" %%i IN (`net use * %SHARE% %PASSWORD% /user:%USERNAME% /PERSISTENT:NO^|find ":"`) DO SET DRIVE=%%i

start "" /wait "%DRIVE%\%WPIfolderNetwork%\WPI.hta"

Both the config.js and the useroptions.js are in the default WPIScripts folder inside the WPI folder.

As for the theme I am using:

I used Wolf_Vista up until 6.5.1. With the new version I switched to the included "Server" theme. I am not doing anything fancy with the theme, I just specify its name in useroptions.js and make sure its folder is inside the themes folder.

:rolleyes:

Just tested with the Windows theme instead of the Server theme. Now I am only getting one messagebox instead of two (only the windowoptions.js could not be found)

Bye,

Alex

PS: Maybe I should switch to the earlier version right now or do you need me to do more tests ?

I thought so. The problem was, if no useroptions.js and the new windowoptions.js files didn't exist, WPI would complain at start up. When you went to Options it would complain again no useroptions.js file found, would save a default set, then continue on -OR- it would just crash.

So what I did was do a check for the 2 files before WPI opens. If not exist, save a default set of options. Then open WPI like normal, go to Options, no error message. Good.

What is happening is that the share paths are not being read and set properly YET because WPI is not fully open and set the default paths. I need to move the check/save code to some time AFTER the paths are read/set. Not a huge deal to do.

I don't use a network share, but will be soon.

Hi Mark,

I see. Well, do you need me to test anything ? Since I will be on my vacation starting tomorrow I will keep Version 6.4.1 installed for the time being. I will be available for testing in about 2 weeks again !

Have a nice time and thanks for your help !

Alex

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi!

Just wanted to say that I am getting the "Could not be saved: ....\windowoptions.js" box again with WPI 7.1

But only with a network installation, not when installing from DVD.

Should have tested that with the beta :rolleyes:

Any way around this now ? Do I understand correctly that I just have to copy some older windowoptions.js file into the WPIscripts folder and everything will be fine ?

I am wondering why it says that the file could not be saved. Usually you cannot save a file to a DVD and most unattended installations will be run from a DVD :whistle:

Bye,

Alex

PS: Write access to this network share is also prohibited for the user connecting to it ...

Edited by midiboy

I'm new to wpi and wonder if some one can help me.

Everytime I try to run it I get an internet explorer script error

post-172584-1220692115_thumb.jpg

I've tried a pre made wpi from a dvd as well as the latest download from wpiw.net

when i click on yes or no the same window pops up a few times then I'm left with a blank window which can only be closed through task manager by killing the mshta.exe process.

Any help would be great

@ midiboy

Any way around this now ? Do I understand correctly that I just have to copy some older windowoptions.js file into the WPIscripts folder and everything will be fine ?

Yup that will do it fine. Although the wording isn't quite right it goes to follow that if you don't have write access you can't save the file right?

@ scadoo = hmmm lets see. Was IE removed? Do you have nero 7 installed? Is firefox set as defualt browser?

@ scadoo = hmmm lets see. Was IE removed? Do you have nero 7 installed? Is firefox set as defualt browser?

Thanks for the response Kelsenellenelvian. Firefox was set as the default browser and I did have nero installed but have not uninstalled IE.

I set IE back to the default browser and uninstalled nero but unfortunately the problem persists. Can you or anyone else shed anymore light on this conundrum

Once nero7 is installed your screwed. It somehow changes the behavior of the scripting enging and does not fix it when removed...

They do have a new tool though that might help let me go look it up...

It is called "Nero 7 Cleantool" http://www.nero.com/eng/support-nero7-tools-utilities.html get it from there and try it. It just might work for you.

Hi Kel,

Yup that will do it fine. Although the wording isn't quite right it goes to follow that if you don't have write access you can't save the file right?

Of course :sneaky:

Just thought that maybe WPI could just create that file in a temp location if WPI source dir was write protected and windowoptions.js was missing instead of throwing that error. :hello:

Bye,

Alex