usb_multiboot5.cmd in Vista x64

The script has problems running in Vista x64. Options B and W do not work in Vista x64. Haven't tried running in Vista x86 yet.
Thanks for your feedback.

I was not aware of it, but options B and W also do NOT work in Vista x86.

The problem is that the Visual Basic Script routine FileSel_ini.vbs gives an unexpected ActiveX runtime Error.

I will try to find a workaround for this problem.

The script has problems running in Vista x64. Options B and W do not work in Vista x64. Haven't tried running in Vista x86 yet.

The problem is that the Visual Basic Script routine FileSel_ini.vbs gives an unexpected ActiveX runtime Error.

Of course you may not want to bother anyways because Vista has serious problems with USB file transfers. It took more than an hour to copy the XPSOURCE to my USB stick which is a Corsair Flash Voyager 8GB drive. The same copy on XP took less than 8 Mins and the source image is < 650 MB. The Corsair is one of the fastest sticks around.

Install of XP took less than 15 mins but the boot menu was not setup correctly so had to do a manual boot from the stick.

Of course you may not want to bother anyways because Vista has serious problems with USB file transfers. It took more than an hour to copy the XPSOURCE to my USB stick which is a Corsair Flash Voyager 8GB drive. The same copy on XP took less than 8 Mins and the source image is < 650 MB. The Corsair is one of the fastest sticks around.

Install of XP took less than 15 mins but the boot menu was not setup correctly so had to do a manual boot from the stick.

Vista OS is indeed very slow in File Transfer to USB.

Install of Vista was realised by Booting from USB Harddisk, which was previously prepared in an XP OS Environment.

Have you or anyone an idea to overcome the ActiveX problem with the VBS Script ?

Is it may be a simple setting or is it more complicated.

In fact it is rather strange that the FileSelector cannot be used in VISTA with this VBS script.

Edited by wimb

Vista OS is indeed very slow in File Transfer to USB.

Install of Vista was realised by Booting from USB Harddisk, which was previously prepared in an XP OS Environment.

Have you or anyone an idea to overcome the ActiveX problem with the VBS Script ?

Is it may be a simple setting or is it more complicated.

In fact it is rather strange that the FileSelector cannot be used in VISTA with this VBS script.

I'm wondering if it is UAC that is preventing the call from being enabled. I'll need to check the VBS docs on MSDN.