I need some help with wireless networking.

LUZR4LIFE

OK. I just setup a wireless network at home using a TRENDnet TEW-432BRP. I am using NetworkMagic software at the moment and only have a free trial for 7 days that came with it.

Is there any other programs better than this?

Also, I am new to wireless networking. How can I make my network secure for just the house or trusted users?

THANK YOU

Why would you use Network Magic at all? I got it too with my wireless router but I don't see the point of using it. Regarding wireless security, you can set up WEP or WAP(which is more secure) in your router configuration. To access your router configuration you need to type ip of your router in internet explorer bar. There you can choose the type of protection and set a password for your connection. Did you read the manual?

Why would you use Network Magic at all? I got it too with my wireless router but I don't see the point of using it. Regarding wireless security, you can set up WEP or WAP(which is more secure) in your router configuration. To access your router configuration you need to type ip of your router in internet explorer bar. There you can choose the type of protection and set a password for your connection. Did you read the manual?

Unfortunately, the only manual that came with it was instruction on installing the CD. LOL.

Edited by LUZR4LIFE

First, go and download the manual. The direct site and file is here:

http://downloads.trendnet.com/TEW-432BRP_d...2BRP(D1.0R).pdf

That will take you through the whole process. I believe that manual is also on the CD. Please read it as it will explain a lot of things to you and will help you as you go along. the default username and password for your router is "admin" (no quotes). You adminjister the router through your browser like Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Opera. You type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar of your browser when you are connected to your router and the Username and Password dialog box pops up. type in "admin" for both of them and then you'll be in the administration page of your router.

You can read more in the manual.

If you run into problems come back here and we'll try to help out.

As to Network Magic, why do you need it? What are you trying to do that Windows networking can't do? My best suggestion is to de-install it. If you really want something to duplicate the Windows function, perhaps you could try Net Stumbler, which I believe is free. It is particularly good at locating other networks in the area, but it really isn't a necessary program. I'd set up with the Windows native utilities first.

First, go and download the manual. The direct site and file is here:

http://downloads.trendnet.com/TEW-432BRP_d...2BRP(D1.0R).pdf

That will take you through the whole process. I believe that manual is also on the CD. Please read it as it will explain a lot of things to you and will help you as you go along. the default username and password for your router is "admin" (no quotes). You adminjister the router through your browser like Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Opera. You type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar of your browser when you are connected to your router and the Username and Password dialog box pops up. type in "admin" for both of them and then you'll be in the administration page of your router.

You can read more in the manual.

If you run into problems come back here and we'll try to help out.

As to Network Magic, why do you need it? What are you trying to do that Windows networking can't do? My best suggestion is to de-install it. If you really want something to duplicate the Windows function, perhaps you could try Net Stumbler, which I believe is free. It is particularly good at locating other networks in the area, but it really isn't a necessary program. I'd set up with the Windows native utilities first.

Thanks, I will check everything out and get rid of Network Magic.