Where to download Windows XP Service Pack 3

MillenX

Ohh.. sorry I think I found one.

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Release Candidate, 336.1 MB, which can be downloaded from here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

BTW, I am looking forward into any suggestion on this topic.

If you do all the required preparations, like cleaning out your computer of all the junk, running chkdsk /f to assure NO errors on your hard drive (and do a defrag) and then shutting down all running programs.... the install should take less than ten minutes.

After all the prep's, the install on my (fast) PC took all of six minutes.

Since the install, I have experienced NO problems what-so-ever with XP.

I've also seen no improvements of any kind.

It was kind of a "NON-Event".

Good Luck,

Andromeda43

Ohh.. sorry I think I found one.

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Release Candidate, 336.1 MB, which can be downloaded from here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

BTW, I am looking forward into any suggestion on this topic.

Yeah right now the only version of the Service Pack available to the public is 3264. v3300 is not yet available to the public. Hopefully SP3 will be released this upcoming Tuesday, but it might not be out till mid-March.

As someone who installs windows frequently, I'm more interested in the ability to slipstream SP3 (which I have tried with the RC successfully), and cut down my install time. Because of security restrictions on my network, I can't use non-M$ update packs or AutoPatcher (if it still existed), so the new Service Pack will save me considerable time.

I would imagine, though, that installing SP3 on a system that is already current with updates would be, as mentioned, a non-event, since it does appear to be nothing more than a very large cumulative security update. (yet well anticipated).

I would want to give it a try if it really cut down the install time...

Guys did you know that there is a SP3 build 3282? Well all of them can only be found on torrent site in which torrents are provided to download Windows XP Pro SP3 build 3282, but yet it did not show up at "legal" site.

Well I consider those proper download sites as "legal" which are not providing illicit stuff, cracks, and blablabla...... illegal pirated things.

Well I consider those proper download sites as "legal" which are not providing illicit stuff, cracks, and blablabla...... illegal pirated things.

Millenx,

nothing wrong with pirates, if you pay good money for a program or system, you want it to work without any wrong doing's, but we all know when it comes to computers or software or programs ,nothing is 100% perfect, pirates just prefer not to pay, for screw ups,

Just food for thought, a hoi me hearties and shiver me timbers :hello::whistle:

Edited by ozalbundy