vlite deletes setup.exe

yken

Starting with Rc1 and final versions of Vlite ,after i burn iso there is no setup.exe in root of dvd.I check the source

files from harddisk,its not there too.

I extract Vista Dvd to harddisk.At this time setup.exe exists but after i run vlite it disappears.I manually add this file to my new Iso file. What can be the reason for this? I use turkish Vista ,ultimate or home premium this happens

BTW may i learn what is the purpose of removing manual install?

Manual Install means that you can install ("upgrade" Windows) within (as in virtually mounting the image or running the setup via cd/dvd-rom) another Win OS (ex: from Xp>Vista) that way you don't need to format your partition every time.

Most people skip/remove this part and use VMWare (or other similar tools) or another PC for testing purposes. Removing the manual install process saves you some megs.

I'm not sure if you can upgrade Vista from 2k but from Xp if works definitely.

This is incorrect Solve.

The Setup.exe on System section of components removes setup.exe, autorun.inf & all Source setup files no matter is it on or off.. Just bunched both options..

I am using Windows XP x64 SP2 (same with Vista x64 with (or without SP1-RC)) with vLite.. Seems it copies the files correctly, but when it comes to component removal there is no 'setup.exe' it finds. Tested now with RC and with Final. Someone don't believe me took couple screens...

Using Vista x64 Multi DVD clean with vLite.

Screens:

Start After Copy from DVD:

t5j9ll.png

Process Setup:

2hcl0np.jpg

After Process:

2q828a9.png

Sorry, if some images came out a bit messy pngs, but should show the removal.

-edit-

Seems it doesn't even matter if I leave all components checked & only components modify. It still removes those files from source\ and on root of DVD. Also seems it doesn't matter which rebuild / Save option I take it still removes them. Seems only way to get them attached still is to not touch the Components Options at all that does leave the setup files, but then again what's the point of vlite then.

Edited by RPG

on the second pic the manual install was ticked, so it should of removed it... Just incase you didnt know your meant to select the compoenents you want to remove not the ones you want to keep lol so whatever is ticked it will remove :)

Edited by legolash2o

haha, Lame me..

Though it was another way around and "Select All" would mean install all, but okay.. Have to test it another way around it seems.

-edit-

Most be truly blind redoing installations, atm.. hehe, just noticed it even reads above the selections.. "Select components to remove.. " hehe

But why does the Size of Installation Grow when you select something? (If indeed it's removing the item to choose one)

Edited by RPG

RPG, sometimes people get confused with that select thing and more and more I think about changing that, here is some explanation why is it like that:

"Since not all components are supported to avoid confusions like 'will the component X be installed if it's not listed' and because removed components can not be returned."

It is selected size, meaning how much will be removed.

to Nuhi:

why there is some files remain in sources folder ??

only files needed are boot.wim and install.wim (verified) wen doing DVD boot install.

all other files can be removed to reduce size (abt 70mb)

bcoz these files are present in #2 image of boot.wim (used for winPE and WinRE).

I previously had wrote it somewhere in suggetions.

hoping for next ver.

Edited by Innocent Devil

Innocent Devil, which files are you referring to and in which scenario?

What I want to say is that if you select Manual Install for removal it will remove all except install.wim, boot.wim and because I'm not sure for what it is exactly 'install_Windows Vista ULTIMATE.clg' (it leaves only the selected version).