Go to new post broken

jcarle

I understand it works for a lot of you, but it does not work for me. I think a lot of you know me well enough to know that I'm not having a browser issue that I'm aware of. I'm using XP Pro with IE 7.

It doesn't work here too (Opera 9.50 beta, version 9745 and few versions before). Although I have some non-standard user javascripts that sometimes break entire javascript functionality, at least this feature (go to new post) worked until December.

I think the reason might be, for example with this thread, that the button that points to the latest post of this thread is:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=111182&view=getnewpost

while the actual page when opened has the URL modified like this:

http://www.msfn.org/board/post-broken-t111182.html&pid=730511#entry730511

Notice that it has part of the topic title in the URL.

GL

I understand it works for a lot of you, but it does not work for me. I think a lot of you know me well enough to know that I'm not having a browser issue that I'm aware of. I'm using XP Pro with IE 7.
Didn't mean any offense. Just trying to build a complete picture for the admins so they can address it quickly and effectively.

• 3 weeks later...

Today it's broken again. Just goes to the top of the thread, same way as described in my post #5 in this thread.

I switched to Opera 9.50 beta 9789 today. Probably that's the cause, but I just wanted to report/see if anyone else is experiencing the same.

But, because the links are again containing part of the topic title, I think something else in the forum platform was changed. The style of links shouldn't depend on the browser, should it?

GL

*Edit: reverted to Opera9.50 beta 9770 and all is good now. The new version is b0rked, also on other sites. Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Edited by GrofLuigi

• 1 month later...