got this fixed

zapmaster

There is tools to make your CD-ROM appear as drive D again for Windows SE98. 98se will puch it's CD-rom over when any other drives unincluded outside drives like FLASH and Floppy Drives.

The tool is posted around here somewhere and I do not know where it is.

------------- I am only guessing

IT sounds like you installed the drive but your PC limitation forced the drive to part????

Or what you can do is transfer the data from the partitian you do not want, erase it and then merge it with the other partitian. I don't know the effects

or cautions of merging a drive all I know is that in some cases the OS will pick it up in scandisk and ask to recover disk space or it will automatically show up with the remianing data.

Backing up/Erasing is a suggestiong

well I found the new fdisk from bootdisk.com that can read large drives and have been able to see the drive but it see's my 4 gig flash drive and the virtual D drive only problem is that my flash drive shows as the first active drive. If I delete the partitions off the D drive and on the flash drive all my tools are gone off the flash drive. Virtual drive should show as the first active drive. I can view the large drive make a dos partition can even make to passes on a test but after rebooting and trying to format the drive I get invalid media on drive D.

Now if I turn off the drive from the bios and boot to the flash drive I get c (flash drive) and D (virtual drive) but the boot disk looks for an A drive and can't find it so ram and tools never load to it so I get "tools can't find A so they were never loaded.....

Now in fdisk I can delete all the partitions and try to reboot only to get "invalided partition" I have to reload the flash drive to boot again and get back into Fdisk only to find the flash drive to #1 in the fdisk list.

I have tried just deleting the partitions on drive 1 and rebooting only to come back to invalided partition again.

Gessh I need a beer.... I have been at this for 3 days now....

Zap

Dumb questions, maybe...

Have you "cloned" (or "copied") your original 20gb-HDD to the flash drive? If so, when you boot to the flash drive it will be seen as C-drive. (you never mentioned what's on the flash or how you made it "bootable").

As for the D-drive, it must be the way you made the flash drive boot... is it by chance creating a RAMdrive? (that would be D).

Do you need a driver loaded for the CD-ROM? (if in MS-DOS, you need that)

Old Toshiba - BIOS limit for 32GB? Dunno if BIOS update would exist allowing up to 132gb. You would need that, otherwise only the first 32gb will be recognized.

Last but not least, what OS are you working with?

Man please, sorry, get your english fixed :D , your message in unreadable,

-never seen such message as "invalided" partition (nor "partitian")

-why do you want to install to the D drive ?

-does the system you start with load any cdrom drivers ? Or when you say the cdrom doesn't work anymore, is it a hardware problem ? Maybe its just not loaded and doesn't get any drive letter.

And really, what you are trying to do is not clear at all. Surely straight, clearer info would help. :}

woops, I see submix8c replied at the sqame time-