WinRAR question about making an EXE file

sam13484

I was playing around with Firefox (adding some extensions), and thought I'd try to incorporate them into the setup application. I used WinRAR to extract the files and got a setup file along with some data folders. I put the extension files where I wanted them, but I don't know anything about how to "recompile" the extracted files back into a single setup file. Can anyone point me to something that might help me learn how to do this? Thanks (Hope I put this in the right forum area).

Firefox is actually a 7zip SFX... You could use 7ZSplit.exe to extract the config.txt and .7z archive

For WiRAR

- Highlight all the files and choose "Add to archive"

- Check "Create sfx archive"

- Go to the Advanced tab and hit the "SFX options" button

- In the General tab add setup.exe to be Run after extraction (you can add /S to make is silent)

- In the Modes tab you choose to make it "Hide all" and "Overwrite all files"

- Optional, in the Text and Icon you can add a SFX Firefox icon you extract using reshacker

- Hit OK

Your comment should look like this

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=setup.exe /S
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

Edited by ricktendo64

Thanks for the short tutorial. Everything worked exactly as you listed. For any one out there who has experience with Firefox installs, I have two additional questions:

When Firefox is started for the first time, and just after it asks if I want to import anything from Internet Explorer, I'm presented with a list of the extensions I added to the install. I have to click on the "install" button to install them and continue. Is there somewhere I can configure the setup to automatically choose "install" and install them without a prompt?

I know where to place the desired extensions, so does anyone know where I would place any additional themes in the Firefox installation folders?

I really appreciate the help you gave to me.