windows sidebar messed up!

Woomera

ok so i woke up and saw the monitor power LED is blinking though im sure i turned it off last night and none of the keyboard keys would wake up the windows,pressed RESET botton and when windows loaded up here is how my sidebar looks like:

8bthz0j.jpg

restarting the sidebar didnt work,any idea how to fix this?

I have no idea how that could help but i just gave it a try and no result...

i dont know if this is related or not but since i got this issue i cant start my windows media player...when i double-click on it nothing hapens,it doesnt even appear in task manager for one sec but the exe file exists.its not like it shuts down right after start,it doesnt even start.

Edited by Woomera

Sorry for bumping this but seems like this is more than just a sidebar problem,as i said i cant open my windows media player now none of the bottons in "tuneup utilities" works not even the close botton.and this is how my services.msc looks like in extended view:

89g8coz.jpg

but its ok with standard view. the netlimiter is not working properly,the limiter option is enabled but settings doesnt apply.

what can be the cause for this mess?

Sounds intresting. After a resume which fails you reset the PC and everything goes blank in text.

Try this, prioritysteps

0. Never put the PC in sleep again until the problem is known.

1. Recover from another restorepoint

2. Do an in-place upgrade of Vista. Should work.

3. BIOS parameters correct? (the same words as in Dutch)

4. BIOS upgrade

Analyze it step by step after a possible reïnstal aka in-place upgrade.

Something in your computer deny Vista from resuming. My system

have no problem with sleep and I used it almost. The only thing

I measure is sometimes another keyboard lay-out than teh fysical

one. Very nasty. But fixed in SP1.

This install is possibly lost.

well i havent had any changes in bios and the restore points didnt work,i tried.anyway i had to reinstall the windows but thanks for replies.and im gonna install the sp1-rc as it seems recommended by many.

• 2 months later...
Open Command Prompt with Administrative Mode and execute these commands

Regsvr32 scrrun.dll

regsvr32 jscript.dll

regsvr32 msxml3.dll

one by one :thumbup

neo THANK YOU! you saved me from reinstalling windows my symptoms were:

-Windows Sidebar messed up blanks

-Windows Media Player unable to launch

-Services management console was blanked out

-Internet explorer was messed up wouldnt load many pages such as hotmail even! facebook kept giving that i have scripts turned off but i continuously reset the browser setting and turn them on and off with no results.

-Windows incapable of sleeping or shutting down or hibernaating (this i havent tested yet wanted to reply here before I try it)

the worse by far was incapability of sleeping, or shutting down hence u have to make sure all docs and sheets are saved and closed before performing because I end up making a hard shut down.

also I wanna ask what are those commands precisely and why didnt the last oen work for me? I dont know which programs would require XML but i do have MS Excel does it use that and if it does why the last command gave me error.

so now im off to test the sleep then the shut down... cheers yall... :thumbup

**YUP sure works just s got back from sleep thats most i care about, I realy wonder what the commands are so I dont forget them later or how to find them again:)

** I tried was wondering if xml was not paart of my programs so I tried the command on msxml.dll (didnt work) then msxml2.dll (didnt work) then finaly msxml3.dll worked this time not sure why.

Sidebar calender not working but I can live with that now that i have sleep and media player back.

Edited by Firash