iTunes won't start on nlited XP Pro SP2

daroga

MSFN does it again :P

Just did a fresh install with my new XP CD, everythign setup, come to use iTunes....nothing...was ripping my hair out over it, and i was not goign to reformat! lol

came across this, and all working, just those stupid files!

Sums up Apple....lol

thansk guys :D

hey there. i just downloaded those dll files and extracted them and put them in the windows/system32 file just like you said... but itunes STILL wont open...

i just reformatted my computer withing the last 30 minutes too so i know theres not a virus on here like some other forums have said.

can anybody help me? if you have a possible solution or any idea that MIGHT help even the slightest bit i would appriciate it a lot.

best place to reach me is at my email.

dani-rose@live.com

i dont check forums very often so emailing is the best thing to contact me with hehe =]

thanks again if you have any help.

Edited by shadow3595

I spent like 3 hours trying to find a fix for this for my dad and finally found it!

A quick story:

I am on an nLite'd version of XP Pro. My dad has an iPod shuffle which he just loves and wanted me to sync some music for him. So, I got the music he wanted and then remembered I needed to install iTunes. So, I downloaded iTunes and installed it, and then, to my dismay, it would not run. But it was in the Task Manager. So, I began searching google and stumbled upon this thread. I tried most of the fixes... None worked. Then, I saw one that said to download several DLL files. So I go the dll files and copied them to my system32 directory. It still didn't work, so I was about to give up. After a few minutes of blankly staring at my destop waiting for iTunes to possible poke it's head up and I may catch a glimpse of it. It didn't show up and then a thought hammer thrust itself into my skull: Maybe I had to register them, I thought to myself. So I ran regsvr32 on sll of the DLL's I had just downloaded and rebooted and it worked.

In conclusion:

You need the following DLL's:

sccbase.dll

sccsccp.dll

slbcsp.dll

slbiop.dll

wmasf.dll

wmidx.dll

slbrccsp.dll

And you need to register most of them.

But since I am bored on a Friday night and have nothing to except wait in anticipation for my new PC parts to get here some time next week, I decided to make a folder of all those DLL's and a .bat to register them.

I put them in a nice little .zip and it can be downloaded from:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ynl0lctykly

PS: Zune 2G FTW

Edited by faia

I spent like 3 hours trying to find a fix for this for my dad and finally found it!

A quick story:

I am on an nLite'd version of XP Pro. My dad has an iPod shuffle which he just loves and wanted me to sync some music for him. So, I got the music he wanted and then remembered I needed to install iTunes. So, I downloaded iTunes and installed it, and then, to my dismay, it would not run. But it was in the Task Manager. So, I began searching google and stumbled upon this thread. I tried most of the fixes... None worked. Then, I saw one that said to download several DLL files. So I go the dll files and copied them to my system32 directory. It still didn't work, so I was about to give up. After a few minutes of blankly staring at my destop waiting for iTunes to possible poke it's head up and I may catch a glimpse of it. It didn't show up and then a thought hammer thrust itself into my skull: Maybe I had to register them, I thought to myself. So I ran regsvr32 on sll of the DLL's I had just downloaded and rebooted and it worked.

In conclusion:

sccbase.dll

sccsccp.dll

slbcsp.dll

slbiop.dll

wmasf.dll

wmidx.dll

slbrccsp.dll

But since I am bored on a Friday night and have nothing to except wait in anticipation for my new PC parts to get here some time next week, I decided to make a folder of all those DLL's and a .bat to register them.

This also happened with my SP3 nLite install. I spent some time with Apple's tech people and found this whilst on the phone. I've sent the link to Apple Tech as well so that they can help anyone else with same issues. Nice fix file by the way... :thumbup

A quick story:

In conclusion:

sccbase.dll

sccsccp.dll

slbcsp.dll

slbiop.dll

wmasf.dll

wmidx.dll

slbrccsp.dll

OMG I LOVE YOU!

i just reformatted >.> again... lol for the 4th time this week... AND YOU MADE IT WORK!!!

your the best thank you sooo much. now im going to go around to all the other forums i saw people having this same problem on and post exactally what you said because that worked PERFECT!!!!

<3 thanks!

• 2 months later...

I signed up just to reply and thank you for this fix. Well after three hours or better looking around Apple's help area I landed here and this fricken fixed the issue. I too was using a nlite slipstreamed SP3 and apparently this is how I ended up hosed. Unlike most however, I used this broken image to load up 20 laptops at work and went to run iTunes and it was broke on all of them!!!! I was crying to say the least. So now this fixes it and I'm back in business. It's my own **** fault that I didn't run iTunes before I cloned the drive or I would have noticed it being dead...Thanks for your help!

• 1 month later...

A quick story:

In conclusion:

sccbase.dll

sccsccp.dll

slbcsp.dll

slbiop.dll

wmasf.dll

wmidx.dll

slbrccsp.dll

I don't know who you are, but I love you. Thank you SO much!

• 3 weeks later...
:ph34r: I have spent a week on this--and yes nLite was my choice for install management media. As a technology expert this one had me doubting my sanity! At 6:00 am my neighbors heard "FOOK YA!" . Thank you to all for this fix. I use both PC's & Mac's and I have to say its amazing to me that Apple does not provide better tools and support for this. Edited by AENEMA

• 4 weeks later...

I ran into this same problem but with XP x64. With a 32bit iTunes install to fix it I put sccbase.dll, sccsccp.dll, slbcsp.dll, slbiop.dll and slbrccsp.dll from the above zip file in WINDOWS\SysWOW64\ and it fixed the problem.

My guess is when doing the hack to get the Vista x64 iTunes to install on XP x64 that you'll need to do this same thing, possibly using the x64 dlls available on the XP x64 CD in the AMD64\ directory.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OK, I've tried all of it, downloaded the dll files, registered them with the bat file provided, restarted my computer, still nothing. I am running XP Pro SP 3, any suggestions will keep me from throwing both out the window.

Thanks