Can't Use HFSLIP 1.7.1 on Win2K

gendouhydeist

Since HFSLIP now requires find.exe i can't use it anymore... here's the screenie

http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=89565816hh1.jpg

http://img443.imageshack.us/my.php?image=83669606vm7.jpg

i only got 4KB of SOURCESS it doesn't copy anymore and Im also sure that i have FINDSTR.EXE, XCOPY.EXE, & FIND.EXE on my system32 folder

Edited by gendouhydeist

First of all, the only difference concerning FIND.EXE in HFSLIP 1.7.1 compared to previous versions is that HFSLIP now checks if it's present. Nothing else. For the rest, HFSLIP 1.7.1 is just using it just like previous versions of HFSLIP did.

From what I can see in your screenshots, you're using a heavily modified Windows 2000. Either the files that HFSLIP needs are not the Microsoft originals, or your system no longer has the %PATH% variable configured.

i don't think that the case cause on 1.6.9 or 1.7.0 i think.. i can use HFSLIP on heavily modified OS... and also i don't think that ive lost the %PATH% functionality cause my brother uses it on java application.. like java %path% thats only what i think

Edited by gendouhydeist

If you are running on a system that was heavily nlite'd, there is an option to remove command line things. Here's one thing you can do see if your variables are OK. Click start/run type in CMD. Type SET and hit enter. Please post what the PATH variable is.

Right-click My Computer, choose Properties, click the Advanced tab and click the Environment Variables button.

In the second section (System variables) double-click the variable named "Path".

Type the following completely at the end of the input box for Variable Value, including the semi-colon:

;%SystemRoot%\system32

Click OK to save the change.

Strange that this is the only thing missing...

w0w amazingly it works really find now thanks to you two... :D

my brother set the path in java compiler so thats why it can't find the required files...

you can also set it in cmd prompt

path %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem

this was the default variable

then path %path%

i learned alot today thank you guys again..

You can set it from the command prompt, yes, but it won't save it beyond that one instance of CMD.exe. If you try running HFSlip again, you'll end up with the same errors once more. Do it as Tomcat76 mentions to not have the problems any longer.