Digital copies of all printing jobs

Vel Straty

Hi All,

I'm looking for a program on the client side or the server side that can be installed to make digital copies of all the printing jobs.

Everyone knows that if you print to a, say HP Deskjet 955c printer, you only get a paper printed copy. Or if you use such programs like PrimoPDF/cutePDF which makes pdf documents for you. But one can only do one job.

Is there a software that automatically does two things at once automatically?

I've looked up on this forum for a similar post but was not the one I was looking for.

(http://www.msfn.org/board/digital-copy-printed-documents-t43676.html&mode=linear)

i.e. a user prints to a printer, but also makes a digital copy also with the filename with the date and time made together saved elsewhere on the hard drive of the client or the server.

If the solution is a freeware, it would be better.

I need support for WinXP and Vista.

I currently do not have a Windows server up and running but it can be done.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Not really brucevangeorge.

What I always do is make a backup copy of what I print by printing it to a pdf and then printing them directly to the printer or vice versa.

Its like making a hard copy and a digital copy that we can search back later.

The second reason is that we do many business in and out of the states that varies on laws different from the states. Its like an auditing.

So, does any one know of this kind of program that can print and do digital copies at the same time?