BUG in the nLite 1.4

Jhorton

The program could be corrupted. You could try redownloading nlist and reinstalling it. Do you get this error with any other programs?

-gosh

Naturally, y diwonload version 1.3, 1.4 beta 1.4, etc. but the problem is the same. Please contact with developer

The only way that no problem is when i go to icon.... minimize to system tray

Edited by Jhorton

Jhorton, I saw that error sometimes myself and it was reported before.

Essentially it is the random and rare CAB extraction error.

However if you have the latest nLite (exe version 1.4.0.5) I thought it won't happen any more. Not so much my fault as it is combining the new (c#) and the old (cabinet.dll).

I had this popup maybe 3 times in all of time using nLite. Then I just exit, reboot machine, recopy clean installation files, load preset and redo. Then it works. But if it's every time the same error for you then you should do what the guys already told you, reinstall VC8 runtimes and .NET 2. Maybe even try disabling possible antivirus resident protection if it scans all files, set it at least to scan on execution only.

Jhorton, I saw that error sometimes myself and it was reported before.

Essentially it is the random and rare CAB extraction error.

However if you have the latest nLite (exe version 1.4.0.5) I thought it won't happen any more. Not so much my fault as it is combining the new (c#) and the old (cabinet.dll).

I had this popup maybe 3 times in all of time using nLite. Then I just exit, reboot machine, recopy clean installation files, load preset and redo. Then it works. But if it's every time the same error for you then you should do what the guys already told you, reinstall VC8 runtimes and .NET 2. Maybe even try disabling possible antivirus resident protection if it scans all files, set it at least to scan on execution only.

Thanks friends, i go to download vc8 runtimes. And disable antivirus temporally.

Another tip is that the proplem appears when y change my front aplication with mouse or alt-tab. If i no change, no use mouse, no use keyboard, nLite no presents the bug.

Another solution is go to minimize to system tray and no problems when I work in that way. In the system tray....

Edited by Jhorton