New Gaming / Graphic system needed

tim_ver

Ok so I should wait until Mid January 08 for the new items to come out, then buy them?

No need to wait, every time you buy something new you will see”nicer” things just a month later. It always was like that, and always will e like that. Just buy the things when you are ready for it.

Before you buy, post here so we can help you out in one day or so ;).

Ok so I should wait until Mid January 08 for the new items to come out, then buy them?

No need to wait, every time you buy something new you will see”nicer” things just a month later. It always was like that, and always will e like that. Just buy the things when you are ready for it.

Not so. Look how long the nVidia 8800 series have been around. Especially the 8800GTS.

I'm willing to bet the new one (65nm, 512mb one) will be around almost as long before it too is replaced or revamped.

Ok I have a question I am looking at getting the Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 Kentsfield 2.66GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80562Q6700. I have found it for $539 but just a few days ago saw it sell on Ebay for $323. new sealed in a box. Is this the way to go or should I stay with a known vedor like Newegg?

Also I do see that the CPU chip above has 4meg of L2 cache but for around $280 I can get this Intel chip: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80562Q6600 is there a big performance differamce for the extra $$?

Thanks much

Ok I have a question I am looking at getting the Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 Kentsfield 2.66GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80562Q6700. I have found it for $539 but just a few days ago saw it sell on Ebay for $323. new sealed in a box. Is this the way to go or should I stay with a known vedor like Newegg?

Also I do see that the CPU chip above has 4meg of L2 cache but for around $280 I can get this Intel chip: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80562Q6600 is there a big performance differamce for the extra $$?

Thanks much

get the Q6600, it will easily OC to Q6700 speeds if that is bothering you.

I have never over clocked anything on my pc. Is this easy to do?

Very. It can get pretty complex if you want it to... but going from a Q6600 to a Q6700 is easy and safe. It's a small speed increase that puts little if any strain on the parts.

And just to answer your question about the Q6700 vs a Q6600 before... the Q6700 offers little in performance for the exaggerated price.

Check out some game & artificial & encoder & rendering benchmarks if you want to see just how much the Q6700 is worth. Its not worth the price at all.

Ok thank I was thinking the saem think. It is most likley some power I will never need or see. Do you happen to have links to the reviews/bench marks for these chips?

Is the small speed increase done with software or in the Bios? If software is there a site I can check out on it to read up more?

Thanks

Edited by tim_ver

It is most likley some power I will never need or see.

If you want more power, you can always overclock it. Its always an option. Its done by BIOS settings. Little bit of voltage, little bit of FSB bump, and presto! Insta-Power!

Benchies: http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/07/16/cpu...007/page14.html (notice the very slight performance increase)

Ok, I did just take a look only see the core 2 quad 6600 no core 2 quad 6700. But I did see the extreme QX6800 which I guess is close to compare with and it is not a huge jump in performace but $$ it is.

Ok I did also read somewhere you could over clock with software which you run on the pc for a few hours at night and it does all the calculation for a overclock. You just let it know how much boost you want. Is this true? Or just junk?

Is there a step by step online somewhere on how do the few OC steps?

Thanks

Ok I did also read somewhere you could over clock with software which you run on the pc for a few hours at night and it does all the calculation for a overclock. You just let it know how much boost you want. Is this true? Or just junk?
I think you misunderstood that part, I’m sure they were talking about prime95 or so to test your OC.
Is there a step by step online somewhere on how do the few OC steps?
Just post here, Intel CPUs are easy to OC. What motherboard are you looking for, did you make any decisions? May I suggest the one I posted before in this topic (yes, the Gigabyte motherboard ;)).

By the way, if you want to OC, get a better cooler then the stock cooler…

Ok, I have not locked in on a MOB yet.

I would like to know if my Monitor selection is good or not it just went on sale for this week only, and wanted to see if it is as good as I hear. So I am looking for all to chime in on this.

I want to use this for Gaming and Graphic design and watching movies. It has HDMI connection and a cable to convert DVI to HDMI.

HannsG 28" Model: HG-281DJB $549

Product Features

Ultrafast 3 ms response time

800:1 contrast ratio; 500 cd/m² brightness

1920 x 1200 maximum resolution; 160° horizontal and vertical viewing angles

Energy Star Qualified

15-pin D-sub input and HDMI input; supports component video through included D-sub-to-component cable

High-definition support for 1080p through HDMI with HDCP

Antiglare screen treatment reduces the negative effects of glare

3-way adjustable stand (height, tilt and swivel) can be customized to meet your needs

Dual built-in 2.5W speakers

VESA complaint design can easily be mounted to a wall for flexible placement options

ENERGY STAR compliance assures a high standard of energy efficiency

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Ok getting close to the final system. What are some good DDR3 mother boards? I have hard a hardtime researching and finding them on New Egg's site, and the also the DDR3 Memory itself what are the top ones to go with anything to watch for to make sure it is fast and runs cool?

Thanks

I have looked at DDR2 also but If then if I want to go to DDR3 later I need a whole new MOB.

If DDR2 is the way you like what MOB's are the best and memory?

Also would like a few options for DDR3 memory and MOB's also.

I heard x38 chip set is the way to go. True?

Thanks