MUST READ: Frequently Asked Problems with Their Solutions

Vishal Gupta

I agree with gosh, this thread serves very little purpose as a pinned topic within this community.

It contains commonly listed problems with commonly given solutions. Common, being the operative word here, means that you can easily find a common response to a common problem using your chosen search engine within this forum or otherwise. It will also be as quick if not quicker than browsing to our wonderful forums then searching within a specific topic, pinned or otherwise hoping that your particular problem lies within. Using a search engine would also give you more that one solution to try too, which as we know 'there's more than one way to skin a cat'!

If everyone will start searching on net for the solutions, then what will be the use of these forums?

I created this thread to help new members so that they can easily find solutions of some common problems.

Also it may help moderators bcoz they'll not need to close/merge topics frequently for these already asked problems, as every member will look for the problem in this thread before starting a new thread.

Anyway, I'm happy that at least a few ppl like my efforts.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with gosh and Yzöwl. It's basically a collection of copy and pasting from within the forums with each person's situation rephrased as a generic question à la Jeopardy. Nothing that applies to everyone in general and generally applies to nothing.

^^ If you think so then you can delete the topic. I'll have no complaint.

Really its a great way to appreciate someone's hard work. I have spent lots of hours in compiling the list of questions and then tried to provide their solutions and you say its a copy-paste?

I was regularly noticing member problems in various forums and then I summarized these problems which are asked frequently.

• 1 month later...