Which Manufacturer?

BombaTwist

ATI / AMD also makes their own cards which is something worth considering. ASUS as well makes high quality cards.

ASUS is also priced higher than most brands :(

Depends on what's more important to you, quality or price. Personally, I buy only BFG video cards even though they tend to be amongst the most expensive ones on the market.

BFG has a lifetime warranty and XFX has a "double" life-time warranty (if you sell it, you can transfer the warranty...nice offer IMO).

Didn’t know they had 5 years warranty, to bad they don’t sell them here in Mexico (and I’m too small to distribute :})

BFG has a lifetime warranty and XFX has a "double" life-time warranty (if you sell it, you can transfer the warranty...nice offer IMO).

Didn’t know they had 5 years warranty, to bad they don’t sell them here in Mexico (and I’m too small to distribute :} )

Eh? It's not 5 years...it's lifetime. If you're the original owner of the card and you've had it for 7 years they'll still fix/replace it under warranty.

http://www.bfgtech.com/warranty.aspx

XFX goes one further and allows you to transfer the warranty if you sell or give away the card (i.e. give it to your parents after you upgrade your machine). *

http://www.xfxforce.com/web/support/showWa...rationId=730964

* Valid only in the US and Canada

Eh? It's not 5 years...it's lifetime. If you're the original owner of the card and you've had it for 7 years they'll still fix/replace it under warranty.

Ha, okay. Computer lifetime = 5 years = Expected life time, it’s not how old you are going to be ;). If they replace/repair it after 5 years, then they do you a favour.

They state that:

Product is protected for the product’s lifetime in the United States and Canada, and 10 years from the date of purchase in all countries outside the US and Canada, against defects in material and workmanship.

Strange that they do say "10 years" in other countries. Other brands do the same by the way.

EDIT: By the way, if your fan dies then you always need to return your card, so they can replace it. The cost of "repair" of the fan will be completely paid by you after one year.