Asus Maximus Formula (Special Edition)?

vegettoxp

Hey Guys, I think I finally made up my mind on which MB to get for my next system that I am working on. Just like the title says, "The Asus Maximus Formula (Special Edition)." I went with the DDR2 version because DDR3 is really EXPENSIVE and also Intel plans to introduce a new socket at the end of next year, so I will get a new board with DDR3 support. So ya, I am gona go with The Asus Maximus Formula (Special Edition).

My question to you guys that, what if I don't plan to Do Water-Cooling? Should I still get this board. I know it's Water-Cool Ready, but I don't plan to do Water-Cooling. So the question is that "Can I still use this board without Water-Cooling?"

If you guys can comment on this, it would really help me out. I just wanted to be sure before I get this Board. So if you can, Please Comment On This!

THX, :thumbup

P.S. Fusion :hello:

I looked these boards up cause I decided my next system is gonna be a quad core but I cant buy this board.*

I think i can answer your question on what if you don't want to watercool

The Maximus Formula SE:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813131221

Non SE board -same specs not water cooling:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813131227

*The board looks awesome but the name just sounds stupid -Motherboard names are supposed to be like license plate numbers.

they have to meet at least 2 of these conditions:

1 to 3 letters followed by

1 to 3 numbers

can be optionally suffixed with 1 modifier such as SE, LE, Deluxe, Ultra, X, XR.

Yes you can buy the SE version without dropping in water, but why buy it now and not in 1 month when the real new chipset is lounged? Remember the X38 was released really late so the X48 is already waiting and will be released next month.

• Fusion Block System

H2O ready: The next step in thermal solution.

The Fusion Block System is a more efficient thermal solution compared to competing followers with complicated looks. It is a hybrid thermal design that combines the ROG´s renowned heatpipe design with the additional ability to connect to a water cooling system. By taking the entire integrated solution into design considerations, the user can enjoy exceptional thermal improvement to north bridge and south bridge with a single connection. The Fusion Block System is the most versatile, efficient, and the most advanced thermal system there is on a motherboard.

I also wanted to ask you guys on the Asus Maximus Formula SE MB, Can I remove the heatsinks. The reason for that is, I want to put my own thermal paste and I might just put Chipset Fans on the North and South Bridge. Keeping the SYSTEM COOL is my main thing. The only thing that I plan to OC right now would be the Processor. That why I bought the Stacker 830 for the system that I am building. So if you guys can comment on this please. Thx for all the help guys!

P.S. Fusion

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, just wanted to give you an update. I ordered the Asus Maximus Formula SE this morning and it should me here in couple of days. I am glad that I finally ordered it. Because after reading bit-tech quick preview of X48 Chipset, my opinion on X48 is that, it's not worth the wait. Stick with X38. My Grand Total for the MB is $280.49. Once again thx for all the help guys!

P.S. Fusion