IE Core component removed by mistake, to re-install?

Wine_Spirit

Hi guys and congrats again for nLite!

Today i tried to view a *.chm file (help file) and while it does open, there's nothing visible. The result is this:

chm.png

After a quick "investigation" i noticed i removed by mistake Internet Explorer Core when i made my last Lite XP. :rolleyes:

I believe this is the reason why chm aren't visible and also why other software act strange. Am i right?

Is there a way to re-install Internet Explorer Core?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Wine_Spirit

Ah yes i know that xCHM, it opens help files fine^^. But it wasn't only a problem of chm viewing. Too many programs use IE Core and without it there's always something not working properly. Which p***es me off, although i could use other programs.

I made another ISO with the exact same configuration BUT with Internet Explorer Core NOT removed this time, kept it. All works fine. Thus the missing IE Core was the reason.

Thanks for the help :hello:

i agree, IECore is really a pain in the a**.

This is how microsoft works they make very heavy resources, and than blindly alot of applications depend on it.

Thats why i like linux programs they dont depend on such resources, they are light, most of them support plugins, they are cross-platform. Its better to have lots of small aplications that only open when u need, than having some very bloated resources where all programs depend on.

It really seems weird to me that winrar would require such a component IECore... hopefully there is a winrar replacement for linux, that doesnt depend on IECore