Create UDF Vista CDs like original

Hi guys,

I don´t know why nobody has asked this before (at least I did not find it using the search). The oscdimg.exe everyone is using to create the iso is much more limited than cdimage.exe because it does not support the j1 switch anymore which creates a Joliet Unicode filesystem. Instead odcdimg.exe just turns all filenames to uppercase which is a real nuisance if you want to use the files from DVD later on.

Also, the original Vista images are UDF and do not suffer from that problem so Microsoft seems to have a tool that creates an UDF filesystem. Are we not allowed to use that or what ? :rolleyes:

Is there any commandline tool out there that can create UDF images and works with Vista ?

Bye,

Alex

CDIMAGE -lVISTA_UA -t10/03/2007,17:39:13 -h -j1 -m -bE:\VistaUA\uaDVD\boot\etfsboot.com E:\VistaUA\uaDVD E:\VistaUA\ISO\VISTA_UA.iso :thumbup

works for me each and every time for i'd say over a 100+ installs

don't know what Mikey is doing

Hi maxXPsoft,

yeah, thats the workaround ... using cdimage. Thats what I am using now because oscdimage.exe turns everything to uppercase.

But I was wondering if there are commandline tools available that create UDF iso´s like the ones Microsoft is creating with their original Vista images.

Also the cdimage.exe has the "problem" that it does not integrate the font to properly display the first few seconds of the Vista installation. Not a big deal but something worth mentioning.

Bye,

Alex

try -n to enable long file names

source

I use...

oscdimg -n -m -b"%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\amd64\boot\etfsboot.com" D:\Vista\Build\vista D:\Vista\Build\Vista64.iso

funny but that page does not mention what the -m is for.

-m = ignore maximum image size of 681,984,000 bytes

Edited by jaws75