E-mail not left on the server... big problem.

qzmicro

Hi there guys. I have a huge problem. I screwed up and forgot to check "leave messages on server" when I setup an executives yahoo mail to his Microsoft Outlook. At this point I have not been back there, but I need to get back there in the next few days and try to "undo" this. He checks his yahoo mail through his other computers (web based) and does not have those e-mails. I have told him I can manually send them back to his inbox but he wants to make sure that the day sent and everything stays the same. This presents a problem because if I remail them back, they will have new date and time stamps. Please help, I need to know how to put these documents back on the yahoo server in their original form. Any ideas? Any type of solution / workaround would be appreshiated.

Lost and confused,

-Q

I think you are stuck. You are right that you can mail them back to Yahoo. And there are ways to automate that process. But Yahoo will perceive those as new mails and stamp them accordingly.

They do have import/export for address book data, but not for mail.

he wants to make sure that the day sent and everything stays the same.

You can send them back "as attachements" instead of plain forward, so when he reopens them on the other side, he can save them in his inbox with the same dates. Hope this makes sense.

if the server supports IMAP connections you can change your account to IMAP, create a folder inside inbox, drag them all there and the server will make a copy of them then just move them from there to the inbox.

ive done it before to move to another server

if yahoo doesnt support imap find out if yahoo has an 'import from' feature from a service that does then upload them there and make yahoo import them