UDF packet writting in XP

Viking23

I am downloading the instant cd wizard now I will let you know how it works. I use Nero 5.5.7.2 and I like it for burning CDs. But I want the UDF software to format and use the CDRW as a giant floppy.

I found the NTI CD maker 2000 and it has a usable UDf package (file CD) but it is a little more involved than I want.

Thanks for the Info.

OK I tried the NTI CD Maker 2000, the CD wizard, and the Incd 3.20

and as far as UDF and ease of use the Incd 3.20 is the best. I works fine with Nero and I can click and drag from windows explorer and also delete just as if the CDRW was a floppy. So I am sticking with the Nero and Incd 3.20. Thanks for all your suggestions they all worked I just like the Inncd 3.20 better.

I just downloaded InCD 3.20 and it appears to function correctly under XP Pro. I have formatted and moved files as if it was a floppy drive. It formats in UDF 1.5 format. I got it at the cdrinfo website. Ahead Software doesn't have it posted yet.

[b:b9edd0a4bc]lfotto-[/b:b9edd0a4bc]First off Welcome to the best forum on XP! We are all happy to see new members and look forward to your posts. A little tip: If you have sudden correctios to make, rather then make a new post, use the "EDIT" option, thats what its there for.

Thankx :)

PS- plz read the forum rules

Your friendly Mod,[/color:b9edd0a4bc]

-drew

• 2 weeks later...

InCD 3.21 is still crap. Doesn't work under XP. I am running Devils Own of WinXP Pro, and still can't get files to drag and drop to a RW. The RW formats fine under Nero, but XP put Ghost images (shortcut files) of the files on the cd and says wait for the wizard. Well, I am still waiting and no wizard came up. I found NTI Filecd 2.0.10 to be BRILLIANT, pitty I can't find the crack for it.

You guys who say InCD 3.21 works under XP, please tell me what you do, cause I certainly must be doing something wrong here. All the previous version under Win2k, 98, ME, worked, but not XP.

[b:d9dda45d9e]bjorland-[/b:d9dda45d9e] I ran into the same problem, but i figured out how to make it work. The problem happenes becasue of the burning app built into XP. To make it work first goto run. type msconfig.Goto "Services" and uncheck Imapi cd burning. Then goto "my computer" find the CD-RW drive, right click on it select properties>Recording and then untick "enable recording" Restart and you can drag and drop till the cows come home! :cool:

-Drew

How do you put the title in. If you right click on InCD in th system tray, you can only get about InCD. Under Nero it only gives full erase or quick erase. The old versions of InCD you would get like a list of options when you right click in system tray.

Are you running InCD alone, or with Nero also on your system?

I tried disabling Windows cd writing by right clicking on the writable drive and disabling the write option. Then Windows doesn't allow me to access the drive. Even when I reboot.

I think I will stick to NTI Filecd.

PS! Cant remember if I may ask this, but can you guys maybe give me directions to where I might find a crack for NTI Filecd 2.0.10.

Thanks