Why oh why are more keyboards ditching the L-shaped Enter key?

Marztabator

You get these new keyboard setups with a slash key positioned above the now rectangular Enter key. I hate that setup! It just makes it too easier to hit the wrong button when typing fast.

I like the fact that L-shaped Enter is a nice, big fat key that you can't possibly miss with your little pinky finger. I need a new keyboard soon but the ones I see in my local Maplin - not to mention most online stores - now adopt this s***ty new setup I don't like. Are decent Enter keys really being phased out?

:(

to save space for more keys. just learn the keys better, get a new keyboard and after using it for a few weeks you will get to know it and it will be easy to type with. so dont worry about it.

That doesn't solve anything. *sigh*

Marztabator, first off, honestly, get a better nickname.

Second, what you can do is look around eBay, local classified ads and computer stores for used IBM keyboards. You can find plenty of the older PS/2 keyboards that have the fat enter key.

as you stated, look for old boards. the new boards have the new type of enter key and they will most likely stay that way for a long time. he might as well get used to it now instead of trying to look for another keyboard in 10 more years. if all keyboards are one way these days then whenever he uses one of them he will do nothing but complain.

Quite honestly, it doesn't take much time to get used to the "smaller" Enter key. After having used that style Enter key for some time, I have to say that I much prefer the / being above the Enter instead of all the way up top next to the Backspace key.

That change was MUCH easier to get used to than the rearranged Ins/Home/Pge Up/Pg Down/Del keys. Microsoft started that and Logitech has picked up on it as well. I hated that arrangement almost as much as I hate split "ergo" keyboards. Microsoft has, however, come out with some newer keyboards that have the original arrangement. I use a Microsoft Digital Media Pro that has the original arrangement.

Edited by nmX.Memnoch