Making fully updated Windows XP CD [Guide of some sort]

mara-

And oh yea, one more thing. Does it matter what order you do this stuff in or should it work regardless?

Yes it matters. Sort everything by date. Now when you do this move RyanVm Pack on first place, and under it put IE7 and WMP11.

And about NetFramework you asked: Just integrate as I said in first post. About other runtimes don't ask me, go to RogueSpaer's forum.

Cheers ;)

Thanks Mara. This thread has been very helpful, and I plan on posting a detailed description of the steps I took when I finish.

Also, you should take off Security Update for Windows XP (KB941569) which is included in the newest version of RyanVM's update pack.

And about NetFramework you asked: Just integrate as I said in first post. About other runtimes don't ask me, go to RogueSpaer's forum.

It says in his FAQ that the only way to currently do this is by using AutoImage, but I know nLite has the ability to at least add RunOnceEx entries. I'm fairly sure that you can integrate RogueSpear's Runtimes Part 2 using nLite despite what it says in the FAQ. Anyone done this successfully?

Edited by MrPhred

• 4 weeks later...
many of these can be got with just one download by downloading sp3 beta...

and it`s better to recommend IE8

Does word beta or RC means anything to you? I prefer to have fully updated XP SP2 then XP SP3 RC. Also IE8 is beta so I would not recommend it. With my guide you will have solid, stable and secure XP, without bugs which SP3 may have. And don't tell me that you installed SP3 and that it is faster and that you don't have problem because you already wrote this somewhere and I know all that, but again beta (or RC)...

Cheers ;)

• 3 months later...