Sp3 'beta' ?

eddie11013

I decided I was going to try and make a silent installer for dotnet 2.0. And if successful, then try and learn how to package it with the three hot fixes that go with it. I had recently made an nlited CD that included the sp3 beta and that’s what I have installed on my computer. A little background, when I installed my ‘new’ CD and then went to ‘update’ site, I required nothing more than July’s malicious software removal tool. Great. Last Tuesday came, and no updates seemed to be required for my computer, except for the August malicious software removal tool. Hmmm, but still “Great”. Belarc Advisor confirmed everything was ok.

I made my silent installer for dotnet 2.0 and installed same. Ran a program that required it, and everything worked as it should have. Went to ‘updates’ to confirm that I still needed those three hot fixes. Updates site said I didn’t need anything. Belarc Advisor v7.2t, using 8-14-07 criteria, confirmed that dotnet 2.0 was installed and no ‘missing’ updates. Ran Microsoft Baseline Security Advisor, it confirmed that no updates were needed.

Hmmm.

I wonder, should I be concerned. Is this what it means when you run a ’BETA’? I have been running my ‘anti’ stuff on a daily bases with nothing found. Although I usually don’t go anywhere where I might pick up anything.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions,

Eddie