Defrag on XP is on the Rag

MSNwar

heh, a lot of you are confused with how long its taking to defrag XP in minutes/hours.

I've done a lot of tests in the past.... using a big 30gb hard drive:

Windows 98 FAT32 - Using standard defrag it takes [b:5ba598f1b8]4 - 6[/b:5ba598f1b8] hours

But with Diskeeper 5 or 6 (whatever I had at the time) It took about [b:5ba598f1b8]10 - 15[/b:5ba598f1b8] mins on its first run, then took only [b:5ba598f1b8]5[/b:5ba598f1b8] mins every other time I ran diskeeper.

Win2K / XP - FAT32 - Using Standard defrag, diskeeper 7, norton speed disk, or O&O - It is always slow, no matter what. Takes at least [b:5ba598f1b8]3[/b:5ba598f1b8] hours to finish.

Win2k / XP - NTFS - Using standard defrag - took about [b:5ba598f1b8]30[/b:5ba598f1b8] mins. But using Diskeeper 7 I can defrag in [b:5ba598f1b8]2-3[/b:5ba598f1b8] mins, and its scheduled to defrag every 48 hours in the overnight period when I'm asleep. What better could I get? Using Diskeeper 7 on an NTFS file system is the best you can get!

And besides, is best for Win2k or XP to run on its own native file system - NTFS. Its self repairing and speedy on 30+ GB drives too.

AaronXP - Yeh I use Diskeeper 6 it kicks a** over the standard defrag tools

You guys talking about defraging in 7 min or 2 min or 1 min...got dam how small are your drives? takes me hours

-XPerties [/quote:566424f1f2]

[b:566424f1f2]XPerties - thats because u have more hard drive space then the Techs at M$......lol[/b:566424f1f2] :)

I have one 80 gig and one 15 gig on another PC. I am seriously getting that diskeeper asap as I want to try this crap out for myself and be the big cheese supreme, knowing if it works visually often helps more than verbal hoopla. Anywayz I will post on this matter tomorrow as soon as I try this diskeeper out.

One other question, are you guys defragging full drives? Or are they partial. I was talking about defraging 60 gigs of my 80. It takes a s***load of time in 98, and not so big of a s***load in XP using NTFS.

Just a comment and a question.

Your local technical representative,

Big Booger #219

Hey AaronXP, the link results in a "page cannot be displayed", I don't know if it's gone or my internet connection is faulty, can you try it out?

Update: I've tried to download other programs from that site, they all result in the same thing.