KDS lcd

dirtwarrior

Those are not transistors, those are capacitors and those aren’t your problem.

Take the board out and make 2 pictures; one from the back and one from the top, if possible on high resolution and using www.kwikpiks.com to upload them. Remember to use the thumbnails to post here and the link to the bigger version ;).

• 4 months later...

if the monitor just stays on for a few seconds and turns off, i suggest double checking the power adapter for it. I have two HP f1703 monitors, and if the amperage is not high enough (3.5a minumum) the screen will turn on for a few seconds and then shut off. you may be interested in checking that for a much simpler fix.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest StankCheeze

I'm facing the same issue here, it seems to be a common problem. I'll crack this bad boy open soon and post some hi-res pics.

Edit: For about a month before the monitor s*** the bed, it was making a high pitched squeal. I have no idea if that helps diagnose the problem at all.

Edited by StankCheeze

Edit: For about a month before the monitor s*** the bed, it was making a high pitched squeal. I have no idea if that helps diagnose the problem at all.
That sounds like the coils (resonance), those are not hard to replace but hard to get, also it’s most likely that you need to change the transistors connected to them too.

Guest StankCheeze
That sounds like the coils (resonance), those are not hard to replace but hard to get, also it’s most likely that you need to change the transistors connected to them too.

Digi-Key wouldn't have them?

Guest StankCheeze

It looks like the problem is a group of 6 capacitors on the power supply. 5 of the 6 are bulging. They're all the same, 470µF, 25V. Radio Shack carries 470µF 35V caps, I'll be picking up 6 tomorrow and we'll see how that goes.

The bezel was a b***h to get off, I snapped pretty much all of the clips on the sides.

So you´re lucky that the capacitors are the problem would never think they would make that sound as they normally just pop and that it. They o make a sound before the pop but I only heard that when putting on to high voltages (done for testing by me).

If the plastic clips are broken, you can use silicon glue to get it back together. It´s easy applied and can be wiped of where it´s not needed. It takes some time to dry, that´s for sure.