printer drivers, reinstall?

ripken204

Thanks alot! Still running into a problem though....... I go to add hardware and it displays my printer like your directions say but when trying to install it simply says "the following hardware was not installed: Canon Injet PIXMA iP6000D ......... An error occured during the installation of the device. The system cannot find the file specified. To close this wizard, click Finish" .......... so maybe its some kind of administrative priveledges thing or maybe I should try copying the folder again???

Edited by magic507

make sure your in the correct folder i.e. \1\, \2\, or it theres just 1 folder then make sure you have copied prnca001.inf to the desktop, this should copy the AMD64 and the 5 files within it, on your printer i got rid of that error but got element not found error lol

make sure your in the correct folder i.e. \1\, \2\, or it theres just 1 folder then make sure you have copied prnca001.inf to the desktop, this should copy the AMD64 and the 5 files within it, on your printer i got rid of that error but got element not found error lol

I have Vista Ultimate x64 (I put in the full Vista 64Bit DVD --- do I need to put in the 32Bit one?)..... when I open the xml file it shows

<IMAGE INDEX="4">

<NAME>Windows Vista ULTIMATE</NAME>

<DESCRIPTION>Windows Vista Ultimate</DESCRIPTION>

I went to folder 4 (there were 6) and copied the prnca001.inf_????? to my desktop... it is roughly 309MB and contains an Amd64 folder with 4 files outside the folder (prnca001.pnf, prnca001.inf, prnca001 [security catalog], and component.man)..... It still gives me the error. Should the folder be read-only? I tried unchecking read-only and applying and when I clicked properties on the folder again, it was back at read only. It gives me "the system cannot find the specified file" error if I go through control panel and add hardware or if I turn the printer on and point the wizard to that folder (in both cases it finds the printer, but just fails to find the "specified file" so it doesn't install

Edited by magic507

hmmm, mines got 4 files in it and is 309MB too (1,417 items)

shame you cant find out what file is missing, nuhi might be able to help

Mine has 1,415 so I must be missing 2 files...... I'll try deleting the folder of the desktop and copying again and see what happens.......... i am using the full retail Vista DVD so this is really strange....

Also why would it matter whether I chose the folder for Ultimate or Home Premium..... shouldn't they both contain the same drivers for the printers.... maybe I should copy a the printer drivers from one of those other folders

Edited by magic507

them two files is what you prob need lol, eeek

It would figure...... :angry: ..... couldn't I just copy the driver folder from another image folder (for instance Vista Home Premium - index 3) ...... wouldn't it have the same drivers?

ye aslong as its the same architecture as urs x64 or x86 that be fine, meanwhile im going to install vista on a VM and make a back up or the drivers (makes a copy of the driver which just the files it needs) so it would be alot smaller than 309MB and upload it, so it will work :)

im just doing a vlite where everything (literally) except canon printer driver left so it will install quicker, is yours 64bit or 32bit???

wish me luck

Edited by legolash2o

Good luck...

This is really wierd..... after I drag the driver folder to my desktop and it starts copying it says "copying 1,417 items (309MB)" but when it is finished copying and I check properties it says 1,415 files. Also even though I unchecked printer drivers in my first VLite install, I noticed that in C\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository there are five printer driver folders:

prnao001.inf_??????? (empty)

prnbr001.inf_??????? (with empty Amd64 folder),

prnin001.inf_??????? (empty),

prnms001.inf_??????? (7 files in it), and

prnms002.inf_??????? (with Amd64 folder containing 6 files with 4 files outside of the folder)

If I open the setup information file it says:

"Canon Inkjet PIXMA iP6000D" = MS_CNB_0225.GPD,CanoniP6000DB50D,Canon_Inkjet_PIXMA_iP6000D ; Hardware ID

I have both CNB_0025.dll and CNB_0225.dll in the folder copied to my desktop........... so I should have the files but for some reason Vista is not seeing them

Also at the bottom of the file it says

Win2006="Windows Vista CD-ROM"

[sourceDisksNames.x86]

1 = %Win2006%,,,"I386"

[sourceDisksNames.amd64]

1 = %Win2006%,,,"Amd64"

[sourceDisksNames.ia64]

1 = %Win2006%,,,"Ia64"

I was using the x64 disc so why does it says x86 as source...... maybe the disk has both drivers and I have been looking in the wrong place?

Edited by magic507

Tried changing what you said....... same error..... Found the area you were talking about and it said:

[MS_CNB_0225.GPD]

CopyFiles=CNB_0225,CNBLM3_2,CNBOP6A,CNBBR225,CNBP_225,CNBCOL3,CNBBLP1,CNBDUP4,CNBPRT1,CNBEFF1,CNB225

TBL,COLOR_PROFILES_CNB69A,COLOR_PROFILES_CNBJ2_18,CNB3,CNBPP,CNBPV,CNBUR,CNBSR,CNBLR,CNBJHLP3

DataFile=CNB_0225.GPD

LanguageMonitor="BJ Language Monitor3_2,CNBLM3_2.DLL"

PrintProcessor="BJ Print Processor3,CNBPP3.DLL"

CoreDriverSections="{D20EA372-DD35-4950-9ED8-A6335AFE79F0},UNIDRV.OEM,UNIDRV_DATA"

I was able to find all the files in copyFiles except CNBOP6A, CNB2250TBL, COLOR_PROFILES_CNB69A,COLOR_PROFILES_CNBJ2_18, CNB3 (there was cnb320I.dll and .gpd and cnb3000.dll and .gpd), and CNBJHLP3

Not sure what to do next