Can Vlite backup OEM activation and save re-activation hassles?

rpesq

Hi,

Any chance that Vlite will support automatically backing up your already-activated Vista OEM license and slipstreaming it into your new Vlite OS install disk?

Basically, I am referring to the process found here:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=120228

I saw another post here referring to that page, but no one commented whether Vlite plans to support that process. I don't see why not, since it is your own validly-activated Vista license anyway. Just because it is the OEM-supplied key (instead of the one on the bottom of the computer) should not make a difference. Both are valid., obviously

thanks and regards,

bob

Edited by rpesq

Haven't looked at it yet but what is the problem with using his tool?

Why must it be in vLite, just backup your activation with his tool and restore after install, if I got it right.

nuhi activation backup will be a good value-add feature like iso burning to vlite if its not much hassle.

off topic but just a suggestion when vlite starts the cd burning tab is greyed out. can you keep it on by default in the next version? it will be useful to avoid the hassle of installing nero etc. :)

Edited by pallavsuri

I can name million good features but if one is already made by someone else why waste time.

Burning is more essential, not all of us have the OEM install.

You can enable ISO page by browsing to your Vista folder and in Tasks enable the page and the checkbox to enable before Apply.

If you meant to use it for any sorts of burning without browsing to the installation files then no.

I can name million good features but if one is already made by someone else why waste time.

Burning is more essential, not all of us have the OEM install.

Thanks for honest answer, but your reply is quite puzzling, since by your own words, you are wasting time on an ISO burner.

There are MANY free simple ISO burnning programs -- one quick example being BurnCDCC.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/burncdcc.html

That program is exactly 68kb small and does a perfect job. And that is one of MANY examples of free ISO burning programs available.

Yes, I agree that integrated ISO burning is nice, but so is Activation Backup. I would bet that if you ran an honest poll, users would much prefer Activation Backup instead of ANOTHER Iso burning tool. No one likes the hassles of re-activating their honestly-purchased Windows, but I'll bet that most EVERY ONE of your users already have Nero, Roxio, or any of the tons of other free burning apps that are available such as BurnCDCC, Isoburner, Deepburner, CDBurnerXP, etc....

Curious that you find it more beneficial to spend time on ANOTHER Iso burning feature --- "...already made by someone else...(your quote)" -- when MILLIONS of people would benefit from an easy Activation backup and Restore from an OEM install. I believe that the official numbers are that close to 90% of all Windows licenses are OEM. So why ignore them? If you were a Microsoft employee, I would understand your decision. Assuming that you are not, your decision is quite puzzling.

In any event, you do good work and should be commended for your efforts, so please do not think that we are not appreciative. I just find this decision to be 100% illogical, and certainly not what the user base would want. Find me the person that WANTS to continually Re-Activate Windows, and I will show you a fool.

Woohoo my intention wasn't to raise a wall, just to give my opinion. My opinion is never final, that's the beauty of an open mind (advert detected).

It comes down to this:

- ISO creation was the only must...burning was given to me, all I did is made GUI for it.

- does this activation works for all Vista once activated, not just OEM?