Remove new remote desktop connection

dwarfer

I'm with dwarfer on this one. I seem to have to login multiple times with the new version, so I've removed it as well. :w00t:

That's kind of weird. I've had it installed for about a three weeks now and haven't had any issues connecting to any of my computers. :wacko:

If the machine you're remoting into is set to always ask for a password you will be prompted twice--once by the client and once by the machine you're remoting into. To fix this you need to run gpedit.msc on the target computer and set the following policy:

Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Terminal Services > Encryption and Security > Always prompt client for password upon connection : Disabled

If this is a domain policy then you may be out of luck. If you control the domain policies then you can just create a new policy that would enforce that setting on your workstations and servers.

Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Terminal Services > Encryption and Security > Always prompt client for password upon connection : Disabled

This must be available in Windows 2003 Server, it doesn't appear in Windows 2000 Server. :(

it sounds like there's just a new connection in your network connections window, if that's the case then just right click on it and delete it. sometimes xp will find phantom connections.

-gosh

This must be available in Windows 2003 Server, it doesn't appear in Windows 2000 Server. :(

If it's not in gpedit.msc on 2000 Server there's another way to do it. I know this because we just did it at one of my side jobs...

Start > Programs > Admin Tools > Terminal Services Configuration (or) Start > Run > tscc.msc <enter>

Terminal Services Configuration > Connections > double click on RDP-Tcp > Logon Settings tab > uncheck Always prompt for password

It may be in a slightly different location...the instructions above are from my Server 2003 box at home. At any rate, the setting is definitely in the Terminal Services Configuation settings on 2000 Server.

Edited by nmX.Memnoch