Radeon 2600 XT is OUT!

weEvil

I don't see it for sale anywhere yet.

Give it another week or so. Its getting there.

But its nice to see some real numbers on performance, and power consumption. Less performance then I was expecting (AMD slideshows and their 'benchmarks'), but the power consumption seems to be much better (than expected).

Edited by brucevangeorge

Didn´t pass 3Dmark06, so looks like a beta / golden sample to me...

Another week¿ More like an other month or so, and it´s not out!

Let´s see what other sites will report on it. As always this is very interesting :).

EDIT: By the way, they don´t have any proof of those 38watts, they say that the onboard VGA (x1250 / 690G) only uses 2watts?!!! Get real, no way it uses 2 watts...

Edited by puntoMX

^ maybe when the screensaver is on or the monitor is off, or its some fraction of what the total the chipset uses since its multipurpose.

Also "they are too busy to take pictures of the card" is bs, something is not right.

As for the HD playback they used the nvidia drivers without PureVideo HD support.

EDIT: By the way, they don´t have any proof of those 38watts, they say that the onboard VGA (x1250 / 690G) only uses 2watts?!!! Get real, no way it uses 2 watts...

doesn't the wii use some insanely low number of watts, including, gpu cpu and the spinning dvd! don't see why its not possible! the x1250 isn't exactly a performance card..

personally i'm hoping the x2600xt is a good card! never like buying highend stuff no more, and I have a x1600xt now and feel it only appropriate to have the newer model if its any good! (and cheap!)

... don't see why its not possible! the x1250 isn't exactly a performance card..

The 690G/V chipset is based on the X700 core, so that one uses 9watt idle and 20watt under load, let´s take of the 128MB of DDR2 RAM and the powerconversion/loss of the motherboard (and that´s just very small bit). Then we take the optimalisation of the core and put in some HDMI and other video features. What do you think it will be? 2 watts? Then look again.

They did the powertest wrong! They should have tested it and compare it with an other card where they knew exactly the power consumption from, or do it from scratch like for example the guys xbitlabs.

Just my 2 + 2 cents ;).

Thanx Prime, this is way more better then the other review...

38Watts :hello:

Compared to the 2400XT it uses about 37watt more idle and 31watts more under load.

Diference between the idle 2400XT and 2600XT under load is 58watts, it it uses 58watts + what the 2400 uses and that is far from 38watts :whistle:.

EDIT: Okay, so now it´s not an golden sample any more, now there are the reference cards... Still it isn´t out.

One thing I like is that the 2600XT uses GDDR4 (Compared with the 8600GT with GDDR3), and it will be around 150US$ they say...

To bad they didn´t test the 2600PRO version with GDDR3, or compare it with the 8600GTS (In my eyes a more fair compare)... Also no pricetag of that card, just the DDR2 version with a price of 90US$...

EDIT2: An other review from Anantech...

Edited by puntoMX