My first car!

Zxian

I'm really excited about this (as most people are about their first car), so I figured I'd share the excitement here on MSFN.

I've been looking for a car that would get me from A to B, but still have character and some kick under the right foot. After looking around, I came in contact with a really nice guy who was selling his Prelude SR. I had it checked out by BCAA (British Columbia Automobile Association), since they have a vehicle inspection team, and overall, it came out pretty well. Some minor work on the brakes and a new CV boot (the joints are fine), but otherwise, everything else was in good shape.

Being the audiophile that I am, I didn't want to deal with an FM transmitter for my iPod and have the possibility of someone else's transmitter messing up my music. I've actually heard my friends have this problem, so I looked at alternatives. I found an adaptor for my JVC stereo that lets me not only play music directly into the stereo, but it lets the stereo control the iPod.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so check it out here!

http://www.zxian.org/gallery/v/prelude/

Where's the onboard computer and flip out screen? What kind of computer geek are you anyway? Just an iPod hook up?! :) Oh, for the days of sporty cars again, instead of family practical.

He's got two 12" 1200W subs only outputting 242.5W each... Sorry, Nick. You know I'm gonna keep bugging you about it! :P

I abandoned my computer integration project a while back (including the laptop holder thing). 300W going through that 12" Alpine Type-R. Yeah, I know, not much, but it's still REALLY loud.

My e-speakers are larger than your e-speakers.

Aside from what's built into the car's systems, computers shouldn't be in cars. :P

Hey gamehead... does your sub always point towards the rear? Or do you use your car for tailgate parties a lot? :lol:

Eh, I remember my first car... A tuned-up VW Scirocco ;) 2.8 V6 bi-turbo engine for an under 1 ton shell, 225 front wheels, 245 rear wheels, sport suspension, 1500W worth of music plus a REALLY huge sub instead of the rear seats. But this goes back when I was still young :( Now I'm driving a Honda CBR 600F and a family car :whistle: (an Opel Astra Caravan).

Aside from what's built into the car's systems, computers shouldn't be in cars. :P

Hey gamehead... does your sub always point towards the rear? Or do you use your car for tailgate parties a lot? :lol:

It always points towards the rear so it has more air to push against... :whistle: I kind of need the back seats for people to sit in, lol.

He's got two 12" 1200W subs only outputting 242.5W each... Sorry, Nick. You know I'm gonna keep bugging you about it! :P

This is my Accord: http://www.mikesoares.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=48

I abandoned my computer integration project a while back (including the laptop holder thing). 300W going through that 12" Alpine Type-R. Yeah, I know, not much, but it's still REALLY loud.

haha, i remember that thread about the laptop stand :lol:

cars now are computers..

but when i get a car, im definatly going to get a nice sound system for it :)

Awesome! Good for you!! but I got to say my First Car, while Truck and still own, is a 2005 Chevy Silverado with a Corvette motor, Which is 5.3 327 V-8! She puts out around 400HP and More, I got my new duel exhaust system installed, she sounds really nice! and it has posie rear end, man i can i smoke those baby's good! I did it once and left like a 25 ft of rubber MUAHAHA!!! i love it :P :P