nLite problem

Temps

I would bet on the hotfixes. Not blaming them directly.

For start you're integrating IE7 hotfix then IE7, that's bad but I don't think it is only that problem...anyway try first that

IE7-KB929969-WindowsXP-x86-chs.exe

IE7-WindowsXP-x86-chs.exe

should be

Also if you still experience the same issue try removing hotfixes from the list until you find which it is...remove half then half of half...that way you'll find it fast.

Then I'll check and fix, I don't have Chinese Windows nor all those hotfixes to help you other way.

For start you're integrating IE7 hotfix then IE7, that's bad but I don't think it is only that problem...anyway try first that

should be

Also if you still experience the same issue try removing hotfixes from the list until you find which it is...remove half then half of half...that way you'll find it fast.

Then I'll check and fix, I don't have Chinese Windows nor all those hotfixes to help you other way.

I tried without hotfixes, but still experience the same issue.

[Main]
Env = 1.3 RC 2 - 2.0.50727.42.Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
Target = Windows XP Professional SP:2 - 5.1.2600.2180 - Chinese (PRC)

[Tasks]
Options

[Components]
;# Compatibility #

[KeepFiles]
msconfig.exe

[RemoveFiles]
clock.avi
yahoo.bmp
swtchbrd.bmp

[Options]
ProfilesDir = "%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings"
TargetPath = "WINDOWS"
temp_dir = %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp
AdvTweaks

[Patches]
TcpIp = 100
DoUxTheme
DoSFC

[Services2]

[Tweaks]

[Unattended]
ComputerType = Default
MaximumDataStorePercentOfDisk = 12
RestorePointLife = 30
DesktopTheme = Default||
AutoUDay = 5
AutoUHour = 15
ProgFilesPath = "\Program Files"

[NetAdapter1]
connname = ""
macaddress = ""
ipaddress = "192.168.0.1"
subnetmask = "255.255.255.0"
defaultgateway = ""
dnsserver1 = ""
dnsserver2 = ""
winsserver = ""
netbiossetting = "0"
ipxnetworknumber = "00000000"
ipxnetworkframetype = "0xFF"

[GuiRunOnce]

[Drivers]

[Hotfixes]

But someone told me another way:

Find "simsun.ttc,,,65536" in INTL.INF, delete it or replace with ";simsun.ttc,,,65536".

Tested work.

The original ISO has the line "simsun.ttc,,,65536" too.

I don't know why.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

should be

[Drivers]

[Hotfixes]

But someone told me another way:

Find "simsun.ttc,,,65536" in INTL.INF, delete it or replace with ";simsun.ttc,,,65536".

Tested work.

The original ISO has the line "simsun.ttc,,,65536" too.

I don't know why.

i met the same problem when using nlite 1.4.9.1 to integrate intel raid drivers. Some Chinese characters can not be displayed correctly during the installation. I copy the original intl.inf and font.in_ to the directory I386, the problem is solved. I don't know the reason. I have checked the two intl.inf and font.in_, the differences between them are just some words begining with semicolon which shoud be ignored. i can draw a conclusion that basically these two files are same. Why same config files cause different results?

I think it may be a bug of nlite.

any suggestions? thanks a lot.

Edited by gaelon

gaelon, please attach the files and we will take a look. Enjoy, John.

which files?

font.in_ & intl.inf?

The attachement contains four files: font.orig.in_ intl.orig.inf font.in_ and intl.inf. The files whose name contain orig are just copied from the original iso img(winxp with sp3 msdn edition), and the other two are copied from the working directory just being processed by nLite.

what i do is just using nLite to integrate intel ICH10R raid & sata drivers. after make the iso files, i test it in the virtual machines, i met the same problem as mentioned by Temps. During the installation, some Chinese characters in titles(big size) can't be displayed. Although these words are just used for the introducion of Window XP, it is still a problem and i don't know whether this affects the system further or not.

After reading some posts in Chinese technical forums, i found that many people meet the same problem. and i got one method to solove this problem, just delete such a line" simsun.ttc,,,65536" in intl.inf.

and copy the two original files to the working directory also works.

i really hope to get an official solution. thanks a lot.

Glad to get any further contacts.

config_file.zip

gaelon, we need to see your Last Session.ini (please attach - not paste), and know more about your original Windows CD. You said the file differed only by lines with a ; in front, but the files are considerably different in size. I am running XP x64 and compared my original files to your original files and found that yours are considerable larger than mine. I also DLed font.inf (Version: 5.1.2600.0) and intl.inf from here and they are also larger than yours. Is your source a language different from ENU? Were any Service Packs slipped into the source before you got it? Enjoy, John.

Last Session.ini is attached.

The original is just an msdn edition with sp3 (zh-hans_windows_xp_professional_with_service_pack_3_x86_cd_vl_x14-74070, with sha1sum: d142469d0c3953d8e4a6a490a58052ef52837f0f). I don't make anychange to it before. It's an official editon from Microsoft. I have test the original iso files in virtual machine, there is no such problem.

I said that they are basically same, just because the differences between them are the original files have some words or sentences beginning with semicolon and the changed files don't have these. So these two files have different size. But the words beginning with a semicolon don't have any effect and be ignored by the install program, right? Then why the same config files get the different results.

I have check the font.inf you metioned, it's different from zh-hans editon, this file is lack of Chinese fonts config lines, such as simsun.ttc.

Last_Session.zip

zh-hans_windows_xp_professional_with_service_pack_3_x86_cd_vl_x14-74070

THAT is not an OFFICIAL MSDN version. A simple google search told me it is a widely spread warez version...

It's an official MSDN version. And it can be checked here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/zh-cn/subscripti...ds/default.aspx

sha1 value is the same as i mentioned above.

post-247704-1245243555_thumb.jpg

Edited by gaelon

zh-hans_windows_xp_professional_with_service_pack_3_x86_cd_vl_x14-74070

THAT is not an OFFICIAL MSDN version. A simple google search told me it is a widely spread warez version...

You do realize that software is sometimes leaked straight from MSDN without the filename(s) being changed, right? :whistle: And anyways, gaelon proved that he got it from MSDN. ;)

I got confused by the "zh-hans" I do apologize to the falsely accused.

@ galeon = I am very sorry.

i think that "zh-hans" is equal to"zh_CN", and zh_CN is used more often.

And i don't know what you mean for the last two sentences, sorry for my poor English.