Two icons not XPized

APY

Hi,

I downloaded the program yesterday for the first time - awesome work! I really like the replaced icons.

I spotted two icons that don't really look right, I attached screenshots.

The first icon is the Notepad Document icon. It shows the Notepad icon on a Windows XP document icon. The Notepad icon however, has a white background instead of a transparent. This looks really odd.

The other one I spotted is the icon that's used in the Internet Explorer window that warns when a site requests to set a cookie. As you can see in the screenshot, the icon is placed really close to the dialog's text, while there is a large space on the left side of the icon.

I could only find a suggestions topic for the new version. The only bug-reporting topic I found was closed. So I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

I hope you can use my report.

Edit: d'oh, attachments.

post-59804-1118579727_thumb.jpg

post-59804-1118579735_thumb.jpg

Edited by APY

HI. The icon with notepad in it is not XPize related as far as I know. Notepad docs are .txt, and they are already XPized by default. Can you tell me the extension of that file? I'm sure it isnt a txt file, or if it is, you use "open with" improperly.

The second issue is difficult to fix. Well I can put another icon in it, but not move the icon position, because these operations are language dependant.

By the way, you can use XPize 3.2 topic for troubleshooting.

Well, before XPize it had a different icon. I further researched this problem and it appears XPize adds a blank "paper" icon, in which it puts the icon of the program the document is opened with. So for a Notepad document, it would look like the picture I attached (and yes, I'm sure it's a text file and it's opened with Notepad), and files for example with UltraEdit (another text editor) have that paper with the UltraEdit icon.

Now the problem is (as it seems), that the Notepad icon and UltraEdit icon in those programs aren't transparent, so on your blank paper icon, they show with a white background.

I hope you understand the situation, I'm not sure if it's actually easy to fix.

Thank you for the explanation about the second problem.

Well, I have to say that I'm not having this problem at all (and nobody as far as I know). I'm not patching notepad.exe in XPize, so I dont know what the problem could be. Try to edit the icon in "Tools>Folder Options>File Types". I think it is the only solution by now cuz I'm not playing in any way with notepad or txt files.

I think Windows made this icon himself, taking the blank icon of Xpize and set a lttle icon of Notepad ontop of it, now with the original shiny white blank icon of XP you wouldn't notice that, but with Xpized blue shiny icon you see it, now XPnero could change the blank icon to make it look good if in the middle is white or you just change the icon, go to Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types -> browse to TXT select Edit select change icon and browse the shell32.dll and find the txt-icon.

I think Windows made this icon himself, taking the blank icon of Xpize and set a lttle icon of Notepad ontop of it, now with the original shiny white blank icon of XP you wouldn't notice that, but with Xpized blue shiny icon you see it, now XPnero could change the blank icon to make it look good if in the middle is white or you just change the icon, go to Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types -> browse to TXT select Edit select change icon and browse the shell32.dll and find the txt-icon.

Thanks for the tip, I'll go with that until (or if) this will be solved :)

Hey, it looks normal before u use XPize because the "UNKNOWN" file icon is totally white and with the background of the OPEN WITH icon as white, but after u XPized, the "UNKNOWN" file icon became 3D with a BLUE color in it and the ICON that u associated with OPEN WITH has a white blackground but not a blue background .. it would be normal if microsoft should not put any background colors on the OPEN WITH ICON ..

Edited by Jerry91