How to integrate a language pack in vista dvd ?

garrettbr

mhyll, will your script work for doing either a new language pack integration where one wasn't included

before, and to integrate an update to a language pack that already exists in Vista?

mhyll, will your script work for doing either a new language pack integration where one wasn't included

before, and to integrate an update to a language pack that already exists in Vista?

I don't understand your question clearly. But:

1. This is for integrating updates to the Vista installation DVD, so it's not for already installed Vista.

2. You can integrate any language you want. Except English, because with that I had some problems. I am searching, why it does not integrate english into other languaged DVD.

3. To integrate translation update, you will need to integrate this update like Hofix not like Language Pack.

Edited by mhyll

myhll,

For item (1) I take it that this "update" means, if the language didn't exist in Vista (for example PT-BR) that

once MSoft comes out with it, one can integrate it into Vista using your script above.

However, for item (3) if MSoft comes out with a language pack "update", it means, that the language (for example

PT-BR) was already included, but MSoft came out with an update to correct for example spelling errors, additional

information in that language etc. that in this case, since you mention to integrate it like hotfixs, that one could

use Nuhi's Vlite tool.

Now, the question begs to be asked. What about if a language (for example PT-BR) is already integrated on the

Vista DVD, and one wants to remove it to create more space on the DVD for other software stuff?

Is there a way to modify your script to "Delete" the language from the language pack that's already integrated into

the Vista DVD? :whistle:

Edited by mikesw

myhll,

For item (1) I take it that this "update" means, if the language didn't exist in Vista (for example PT-BR) that

once MSoft comes out with it, one can integrate it into Vista using your script above.

However, for item (3) if MSoft comes out with a language pack "update", it means, that the language (for example

PT-BR) was already included, but MSoft came out with an update to correct for example spelling errors, additional

information in that language etc. that in this case, since you mention to integrate it like hotfixs, that one could

use Nuhi's Vlite tool.

Now, the question begs to be asked. What about if a language (for example PT-BR) is already integrated on the

Vista DVD, and one wants to remove it to create more space on the DVD for other software stuff?

Is there a way to modify your script to "Delete" the language from the language pack that's already integrated into

the Vista DVD? :whistle:

Sure it is. I just wasn't looking on this. PEIMG and PKGMKR is the key. :)

I tried your script but i got a little confuse about path settings. Can you give me a complete/clear walkthrough how to use your script plz?

let say I have my DVD copied to C:\VistaWork\DVD

path for mounting WIM file - is this going to be C:\VistaWork\DVD\sources?

path to language pack - I put Lp.cab in C:\VistaWork\LP, so that's the path?

path for extracting the language pack - what is this path? can i just create a new folder in C:\VistaWork and call it LPext?

language pack ID - since i'm trying to integrate Chinese - HKSAR, what is its pack ID? Zh-hk?

Thanks in advance

I tried your script but i got a little confuse about path settings. Can you give me a complete/clear walkthrough how to use your script plz?

let say I have my DVD copied to C:\VistaWork\DVD

path for mounting WIM file - is this going to be C:\VistaWork\DVD\sources?

path to language pack - I put Lp.cab in C:\VistaWork\LP, so that's the path?

path for extracting the language pack - what is this path? can i just create a new folder in C:\VistaWork and call it LPext?

language pack ID - since i'm trying to integrate Chinese - HKSAR, what is its pack ID? Zh-hk?

Thanks in advance

First, see examples in batch.

But to you:

path for mount will be C:\VistaWork\Mount

path for lp.cab should be exact, in your case C:\VistaWork\LP\lp.cab

path for extracting..you're right, create C:\VistaWork\LPEXT

lang id in your case is zh-HK (remind..lang id are alway first two letter small and second two with CAPITAL)

For everyone example of the working directory structure:

x:\VistaWork\DVD - here you copy Vista DVD

x:\VistaWork\LP - here you copy lp.cab of your language pack

x:\VistaWork\LPEXT - lp.cab will be extracted here during process

x:\VistaWork\MOUNT - will be used for mounting WIM images

I'm working on a script, that will create working structure itselfs independently on location, in the current directory of command file.

Did they rewrite peimg from nothing?

Hi Nuhi...me again. :)

You maybe take a look on Vista Update Integrator 0.8.1.3 Beta. The're not using any of MS files (I cannot see them in install folder)...but it's working. :)

• 2 weeks later...