WMPlayer exists but it is not recognized.....????

Nunovsky

Hi I have a curious problem.....

I have a computer with a Soltek Motherboard with a AMD XP 1500+ (a wonderfull machine may I say....) two harddrives , a GForce 2MX400, etc...etc......I have windows ME in one drive and the Xp on another (with windows XP Plus), everything is fine unless that on windows XP I don´t have the WMPlayer...exists on the D:....windows media player folder , I have created the shortcut on my dektop, but it doesn´t work, and no error message appears....(well, this is something really new on Microsoft...isn´t it?).....but when I try to install the WMPlayer 7.1 it says that I have it installed and no update is needed.....can somebody help me?:wail: :wail: :wail:

check the properties of ur short cut, and make sure that it is associating it with the wmplayer.exe file. Then go to ur D:/program files/windows media player folder and try clicking the icon in there to see if that one will initials the prog....if so send that one to ur desk top as ur short cut.

XP comes with media player 8 so u cant try and install 7.1 as u already have the updated version installed

ur other problem is give Win ME the boot as it totally sucks:rolleyes: , and go with win 98 or W2K as ur other boot:blueteam

Maybe PowerDVD has altered the file associations properties. To do that - find an mp3 file and do the following:

Right-click the file you want to open in a different program, and then click Properties. On the General tab, click Change.

Click the name of the program in which you want the file to open.

Change it to Windows Media Player - should be located in:

"D:Program FilesWindows Media Playerwmplayer.exe"

Let us know what happens

LS

I´ve tried that but it didn´t work....

I´m thinking that it was an installation problem......

I installed XP again a few weeks ago because of some errors that started to appear.....i found out (with a little help from you....) that it was one 128 Mb memory tha it was bad.....I´m starting to thing that this could cause this problem during the instalation....

I´ll install XP again and I´ll let you know if it solved the problem...(now that the memory is OK....):cool