Install Order doesn't seem to be working

My applications don't seem to be installing in the order I have specified in the config.

I have attached a screenshot of the order that my install seems to be going in, as you can see from the screenshot compared to the config.js file it doesn't seem correct.

It should be

Proliant Support Pack

OfficeScan

Citrix Management Consoles 1

Citrix Management Consoles 2

Citrix PS 4.5

Finish Install

I am using WPI 5.6 and have tried placing ' ' around the ordr field, i.e. ordr[pn]=['1'] but this hasn't helped either.

The strange thing is when I go to the Config section it shows the applications in the order that they install in, but if I then go to 'Options' and then 'Config' it shows the applications in the Installation order specified. Doesn't makre any difference to the install order though.

I have seen another post that sort of references the same problem whereby the install order I have specified doesn't seem to take effect.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=54965

Any other ideas would be grwatly appreciated

Thanks

Mark

My config.js shows up as

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Your programs here ...
//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pn=1;
prog[pn]=['ProLiant Support Pack'];
ordr[pn]=[1];
desc[pn]=['Installs HP support tools'];
uid[pn]=['PROLIANTSUPPORTPACK'];
dflt[pn]=['yes'];
cat[pn]=['System'];
forc[pn]=['yes'];
cmd1[pn]=['"E:\\Install\\Proliant_SupportPack\\setupc.exe" /use-latest'];
cmd2[pn]=['%reboot% 30'];
pn++;

prog[pn]=['Office Scan'];
ordr[pn]=[2];
desc[pn]=['Trend OfficeScan AV software'];
uid[pn]=['OFFICESCAN'];
dflt[pn]=['yes'];
cat[pn]=['System'];
forc[pn]=['yes'];
deps[pn]=['PROLIANTSUPPORTPACK'];
cmd1[pn]=['\\\\msfs03\\ps4im$\\Packages\\Initial Build\\TrendOfficeScan\\officescan@090207.msi'];
pn++;

prog[pn]=['Citrix Install Mode'];
ordr[pn]=[3];
desc[pn]=['Changes Citrix into Install Mode'];
uid[pn]=['CITRIXINSTALLMODE'];
dflt[pn]=['yes'];
cat[pn]=['System'];
forc[pn]=['no'];
deps[pn]=['OFFICESCAN'];
cmd1[pn]=['"%WINDIR%\\system32\\change.exe" user /install'];
pn++;

prog[pn]=['Citrix Management Consoles - 1'];
ordr[pn]=[4];
desc[pn]=['Access Suite Console Framework - Required for the management components of Citrix'];
uid[pn]=['CITRIXMANAGEMENTCONSOLES-1'];
dflt[pn]=['yes'];
cat[pn]=['System'];
forc[pn]=['no'];
deps[pn]=['CITRIXINSTALLMODE'];
cmd1[pn]=['"E:\\Install\\Citrix\\CPS45_EN_W2K3\\Administration\\Access Management Console\\Setup\\ASC_Framework.msi" /qb-!'];
cmd2[pn]=['"E:\\Install\\Citrix\\CPS45_EN_W2K3\\Administration\\Access Management Console\\Setup\\ASC_HotfixManagement.msi" /qb-!'];
cmd3[pn]=['"E:\\Install\\Citrix\\CPS45_EN_W2K3\\Administration\\Access Management Console\\Setup\\ASC_Diagnostics.msi" /qb-!'];
cmd4[pn]=['"E:\\Install\\Citrix\\CPS45_EN_W2K3\\Administration\\Access Management Console\\Setup\\ASC_KnowledgeBase.msi" /qb-!'];
cmd5[pn]=['"E:\\Install\\Citrix\\CPS45_EN_W2K3\\Administration\\Access Management Console\\Setup\\ASC_Legacy.msi" /qb-!'];
cmd6[pn]=['"E:\\Install\\Citrix\\CPS45_EN_W2K3\\Administration\\Access Management Console\\Setup\\ASC_ReportCenter.msi" /qb-!'];
pn++;

prog[pn]=['Citrix Management Consoles - 2'];
ordr[pn]=[5];
desc[pn]=['Access Suite Console Framework - Required for the management components of Citrix'];
uid[pn]=['CITRIXMANAGEMENTCONSOLES-2'];
dflt[pn]=['yes'];
cat[pn]=['System'];
forc[pn]=['no'];
deps[pn]=['CITRIXINSTALLMODE'];
cmd1[pn]=['"\\\\msfs03\\install$\\Win2003 TS Install\\Citrix\\CPS45_EN_W2K3\\Administration\\Access Management Console\\Setup\\ASC_WebInterface.msi" /qb-!'];
cmd2[pn]=['"\\\\msfs03\\install$\\Win2003 TS Install\\Citrix\\CPS45_EN_W2K3\\Administration\\Access Management Console\\Setup\\ASC_Licensing.msi" /qb-!'];
cmd3[pn]=['"\\\\msfs03\\install$\\Win2003 TS Install\\Citrix\\CPS45_EN_W2K3\\Administration\\Access Management Console\\Setup\\ASC_PresentationServer.msi" /qb-!'];
cmd4[pn]=['"\\\\msfs03\\install$\\Win2003 TS Install\\Citrix\\CPS45_EN_W2K3\\Administration\\Access Management Console\\Setup\\ASC_PSReports.msi" /qb-!'];
cmd5[pn]=['"\\\\msfs03\\install$\\Win2003 TS Install\\Citrix\\CPS45_EN_W2K3\\Administration\\Presentation Server Console\\CMC.msi" /qb-!'];
cmd6[pn]=['"\\\\msfs03\\install$\\Win2003 TS Install\\Citrix\\CPS45_EN_W2K3\\Documentation\\docs.msi" /qb-!'];
pn++;

prog[pn]=['Install Citrix PS4.5'];
ordr[pn]=[6];
desc[pn]=['Install Citrix Server 4.5. Runs a batch script as Command Line is large'];
uid[pn]=['INSTALLCITRIXPS45'];
dflt[pn]=['yes'];
cat[pn]=['System'];
forc[pn]=['no'];
regb[pn]=['"\\\\msfs03\\install$\\Win2003 TS Install\\Registry\\PrepInstallMF.reg"'];
cmd1[pn]=['"E:\\Install\\Citrix\\Install-CPS-45.cmd"'];
pn++;

prog[pn]=['Academy'];
ordr[pn]=[7];
desc[pn]=['Install the base component of Academy'];
uid[pn]=['ACADEMY'];
dflt[pn]=['yes'];
cat[pn]=['System'];
forc[pn]=['no'];
deps[pn]=['INSTALLCITRIXPS45'];
cmd1[pn]=['\\\\msfs03\\ps4im$\\Packages\\Academy\\install-academy.cmd'];
cmd2[pn]=['\\\\msfs03\\ps4im$\\Packages\\Academy\\Install-academy-Launcher.cmd'];
cmd3[pn]=['\\\\msfs03\\ps4im$\\Packages\\Academy\\Install-Academy-Desktop250.cmd'];
cmd4[pn]=['%reboot% 30'];
cmd5[pn]=['\\\\msfs03\\ps4im$\\Packages\\Academy\\Install-Academy-Service.cmd'];
pn++;

prog[pn]=['Finish Install'];
ordr[pn]=[9999999];
desc[pn]=['Tidies the Installation image, should always be run last'];
uid[pn]=['FINISHINSTALL'];
dflt[pn]=['yes'];
cat[pn]=['System'];
forc[pn]=['yes'];
cmd1[pn]=['"%CDROM%\\Install\\tidyup\\tidyup.cmd"'];
pn++;

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// End of program definitions ...

post-140147-1180598603_thumb.jpg

You can tell I'm a noob.

Options -> Installer -> Sort Within Categories I presume.

Anyway, unchecking that seems to have reverted it to the order specified in config.js which is a partial success. However it still isn't taking account of the order value.

Other option I can think of is renaming each application with a prefix, something like 0001 - Proliant.... 0002 - Office Scan etc.

Thanks

Whoops, missed your screenshot, I'll try that in a minute

Edited by fredbloggs

:thumbup

Guess I needed to RTFM.

Hadn't realised that 'Install By Category' was the option I wanted, manual says it all really.

Still, even before this the applications weren't being installed in the order specified in my config.js but that's another story.

Thanks

Mark