Turns off

KamiQuazi

My computer will stay up for about 12 hours and then it acts like someone has pulled the plug. The power LED on the front blinks but until i disconnect the PSU (Ultra X-Connect 550) it won't turn back on. I though it might have been a northbridge heat issue because that fan doesn't work anymore but i left it on last night and i woke up with the blinking light.

Thank,

LICS2k7

Could something overheats and the motherboards cuts the power to prevent damage. Mine does that. If I leave it on for too long with improper ventilation... it turns off in a few hours.

Good thing it does. Otherwise I'd be out of a PC by now.

My computer will stay up for about 12 hours and then it acts like someone has pulled the plug. The power LED on the front blinks but until i disconnect the PSU (Ultra X-Connect 550) it won't turn back on. I though it might have been a northbridge heat issue because that fan doesn't work anymore but i left it on last night and i woke up with the blinking light.

Thank,

LICS2k7

check hibernation settings........mine used to go into hibernation after 8 hours :S.....never new why but it did!!!

disable it then check it!

brucevangeorge: Well, i thought it was a heat issue aswell, so I left the side off my case last night. Woke up too the blinking light.

3aces: I don't believe in hibernation, execpt for use on a laptop. I have it disabled on my system.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

That's my thought as well. You may have hibernation disabled, but that doesn't do anything for the Stand By setting.

Other than that it could be in the BIOS. Those settings are generally disabled by default, but that's also worth checking into.