text copy mode errors

Kiki Burgh

hi! ain't even sure if these are HFSLIP-related (or possibly brought about by an unsupported HFs ... what else could these be???)... i got the following errors: ... i used 70518a ... attached are some files too for reference purposes ... any feedback would be greatly appreciated ... ;)

If you asked over @ RyanVM's site in the general section what could possibly be the cause of these errors / missing files you'd get an answer pretty quick. Either something is adding the files to dosnet.inf/txtsetup.sif and shouldnt be or something is deleting the files from your source.

One other possibility that may cause this is a corrupted source. The easiest way to eliminate this possiblity is to copy the entire source directory to a different partition. If there is a corruption in the source files the copy proccess will reveal it.

shark

Hey man!

Open TXTSETUP and tell me the exact contents of the entire lines of cdaudio.sys and cinemst2.sys (both before and after running HFSLIP -- it modifies this file).

Send me every instance, there might actually be more than once per file. Better yet, if you can email me the zipped file, that would be best of all. Then I'll get back to you in this thread. What I want to check for is too long to explain tonight -- I'm tired.

Also, let me know if you're using an OEM.

Last, do this in any case, destroy your old VM or create a new one just in case a bad sector on your actual HDD is causing corruption on your VM's HDD.

Edited by fdv

Put

after both driver lines, replacing what you have.

Make sure you remove the underscore x from txtsetup in txtsetup AND in layout in both txtsetup and layout.

in other words, open txtsetup and layout and find:

layout.inf = 100,,,,,,_x,20,0,0,,1,20

txtsetup.sif = 100,,,,,,_x,,3

and make them

layout.inf = 100,,,,,,,20,0,0,,1,20

txtsetup.sif = 100,,,,,,,,3

Just del the underscore x's NOT any commas. Save.

Make another VM in case you've a bad sector.

Reinstall and see what occurs.