.Net 3.0 silent collided with MCE UR2 installation

Grinsekatze

Hi there,

I've some problems while creating an actual XP MCE2005 Setup DVD. Almost all updates are included now (together with .net 1.1 sp1, language pack, KB886903 and .net 2.0, language pack, KB917283, KB922770) expect KB934238 (because since now there doesn't exist a download) and ie7 (because I can't verify it during installation).

But the problem is at the moment with .Net Framework 3.0:

I made a silent setup with 7-Zip including .net 3.0 (the 52 MB file) KB934268, KB925720, KB927977 and the german language pack and put it in HFGUIRUNONCE (as mentioned here: HFSLIP and .NET 1.1/2.0/3.0). But when I check windows update after the installation (also tried after 2nd systemstart) WU shows me that Updaterollup 2 (KB900325) isn't installed right now.

I had the same problem when I put the silent installer of .net 2.0 in HFGUIRUNONCE in the past. Now I put it together with the .net 1.1 silent package in HFSVCPACK (also mentioned here: HFSLIP and .NET 1.1/2.0/3.0).

The installation routine from the .net 3.0 package the following (note that this is an AutoIt script):

; Runs installation of Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
RunWait("dotnetfx3.exe /q /norestart")
RunWait("dotnetfx3langpackde.exe /q")
;
; Updates after Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 installation
RunWait("WindowsXP-KB925720-x86-DEU.exe /quiet /nobackup")
RunWait("msxml6-KB927977-deu-x86.exe /quiet")
RunWait("msistub.exe msxml6_x86.msi /quiet")
;
; Delete the uninstall shortcuts within add/remove programs
; Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0:
RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\3FB590517D3AFDD41B39A39486180E30")
RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{15095BF3-A3D7-4DDF-B193-3A496881E003}")
RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0")
; Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 German Language Pack:
RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\124F7A2F97615D849B8169990941DE35")
RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{F2A7F421-1679-48D5-B918-96999014ED53}")
RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 German Language Pack")
; MSXML 6.0 Parser
RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\E01E2D6134EDC6F4CA67A34ACF9D5DC0")
RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{16D2E10E-DE43-4F6C-AC76-3AA4FCD9D50C}")
; Windows Imaging Component (and more?):
RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\ProductsB26B909ACA816048AB390ACFE066991")
RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WIC")
; CardSpace-Update:
RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\KB925720")

Can someone help me?

Edited by Grinsekatze

there's a few things you need to do.

MCE comes with .net 1 SP3 built in, so you have have the hotfix for it in HF folder : NDP1.0sp3-KB887998-X86-INTL-Ocm-Enu.exe

next, a prerequisite for the installation of the update rollup is that .net 1.1 SP1 should already be installed, so what you gotta do is get a switchless silent installer from like roguespear or ryanvm for that and put it in SVCPACK so it gets installed at T13 and then you gotta put update rollup, the update for that and your .net3 switchless/silent installer in HFGUIRUNONCE.

so at the end of the day, you end up with .net 1 SP3, .net 1.1 SP1, .net 2 and .net 3 (.net3 includes .net2 as well). messy, but that's how the people that make 'em like 'em :D

Edited by johndoe74

Hi and thanks for reply.

The .net 1.0 sp3 hotfix is integrated (not via hfslip because it doesn't work but with the integrate option).

The silent switchless installer of .net 1.1 with all addons (i made it by myself) is already in hfsvcpack.

In the previous DVD Versions I created (ie7 and .net 3 weren't included, but .net 1.1, .net 2.0, ur2 and all aviable hotfixes) everything works fine. There I put the silent switchless Installations of .net 1.1 and .net 2.0 within hfsvcpack. But after I tried to integrate .net 3.0 I went into troubles.

But I'll give the "hfguirunonce-method" a try.

Btw. Whats wrong with the forum? I created yesterday (after I build this topic) another topic to get some help with two IE7 updates. Today I wanted to add some news to it but it's gone??

regarding those switchless installers, maybe you should try those that have been created by roguespear or ryanvm. as for the .net 1.0 sp3 hotfix, it works perfectly with the last few version of hfslip - just put it in the HF folder. regarding your posts they are located here and here

Edited by johndoe74

Btw. Whats wrong with the forum? I created yesterday (after I build this topic) another topic to get some help with two IE7 updates. Today I wanted to add some news to it but it's gone??
Circumventing WGA should not be discussed here, as outlined in the forum guide lines.

Circumventing WGA should not be discussed here, as outlined in the forum guide lines.

Oh, sorry I didn't know. So the new one is free of it.

Edit:

I'm useing version 1.4.3. There it doesn't work with. But I saw a few minutes ago that version 1.4.5 is out.

Edit 2:

Ok I tried putting .net 3.0 and the mce updates into hfguirunonce. But it doesn't work. I receive an error during ur2- (or the hotfix?-) update, that .net 1.1 hast to be installed before I can run the update. But .net 1.1 sp1 with hotfix is integrated successfully (is not noted in WU and also the shortcuts are made).

Btw: I looked again at hfslip and there is written that I have to put the mce updates into the hf folder.

Edit 3:

The funny thing of it, in the past the .net 1.1 and ur2 integration worked fine but now I can't get it to work.

The mess with the silent installers floating around the web, I want one that integrates also the german language pack.

Edited by Grinsekatze

Ok I tried putting .net 3.0 and the mce updates into hfguirunonce. But it doesn't work. I receive an error during ur2- (or the hotfix?-) update, that .net 1.1 hast to be installed before I can run the update. But .net 1.1 sp1 with hotfix is integrated successfully (is not noted in WU and also the shortcuts are made).
Where did you put .NET 1.1 in this scenario? You will have problems if installing .NET 1.1, .NET 2.0 and programs that depend on .NET in one go. For you, they should be installed in this order:

SVCPACK: .NET 1.1

1st GUI logon: MCE updates and then .NET 2.0 or 3.0

So place a silent .NET 1.1 installer in HFSVCPACK, a silent .NET 2.0 or 3.0 installer in HFGUIRUNONCE and the MCE hotfixes in HF.

The mess with the silent installers floating around the web, I want one that integrates also the german language pack.
Your first post in this thread links to the "HFSLIP and .NET 1.1/2.0/3.0" thread. Please read the first post in that thread; you'll find a link to a tool that creates silent installers including hotfixes and language packs for .NET.

Hi there,

It seems like I've made everything right. (The hotfixes are in hf, .net1.1, .net 2 and the ie7 are in hfsvcpack and .net 3 and the ie7 hotfixes are in hfguirunonce).

I noted some hours ago, that it seems like I've replaced .net 1.1 with a copy of the .net 2 installer (it's renamed somehow so I haven't noticed). Also I haven't noticed because WU didn't told me that KB886903 is missing so I noted the mistake while I tryed to install the programm without silent switch (there the boxes where labled microsoft .net 2.0 installer).

So I replaced the installer with a correct version and I'm testing it now.

I'll report the results.

Edit:

Ok now everything works fine. I only have to integrate KB912024 manually and I haven't find a download for KB912024 until now.

Thanks for help

Edited by Grinsekatze