Unable to format hard drive with Nlite Disc

apobull

There is an option in nLite to get round exactly this problem. It is on the very last screen before you ask it to start the process - the screen that has two tabs and a whole bunch of options listed, one of which is to include the config files on the CD for example. Maybe someone else can help with describing it better than me but it is in there for sure.

give me a sec and i'll see what mine are, i never change these i don't think, (the services tab?)

Presuming your talking about the options screen where there are 2 tabs (General & patches), no. I left all those options as is. I see there's a "Minimum memory requirements" flag, which was set to enabled by default.

you said the last screen before starting the process,

it's right after general&patches, it's general and services

is everything set to default?

try disabling the minimum requirements flag,

Edited by techywiz2007

I found the screen your talking about. I will disable the min req setting and see if that makes a difference or not. Will post another update soon

Edited by apobull

have you heard of the ubcd?

is everytghing set to default?

do you want me to send you that directory?

your ram may be full, if you have a ubcd, there's a program on it that let's you clear your ram, try looking it up on

http://www.ubcd4win.com/

but the thing is, you have to actually build it yourself, or i can just send you the program itself, it's freeware that comes on the disk that i built

i know the oem disk works fine, with no problems, cause i am using a slipstreamed copy of it right now

have you tried making a clean copy of your msdn? no extra stuff, just copied and burned?

if you PM me your email, i'll send the directory, all the microsoft update patches, and that ram clearing program,

if you have a valid license, and your own product key

(no i won't use it or distribute it in any way, i'll send you them and delete the message so i won't have it anymore,)

if you want, i'll send the iso of a already slipstreamed disk, (plain oem sp2 with all updates, but you'll have to integrate the drivers you want.

I think I finally figured out my problem. This link should explain it in more detail:

http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t79889.html

I am using a MSDN DVD that is bootable for multiple OSes and thus subject to the noted problem. The use of an ISO instead seems to have resolved my problems. Thanks much to everyone for your assistance!