A feature Request

Madhav

Hey nuhi,

Since many of us 'nlite' their Windows in Different Sessions (FOr example One session integrating addons, Second Session Integrating IE etc.)

Can u put a button on this screen for going it back to the first screen of nlite?

untitledsmallte4.jpg

Maybe You can use this Name 'Go Back to the Welcome Screen'

I hope i was clear enough

Thing is many of you are making that mistake of doing it in multiple runs when nLite works best if you do all in one go.

Meaning put your addons, IE7 and cofigure the OS all in the first run.

Well, If you integrate RYANVM's Update Pack and Then Remove all the Languages and Stuff (within the same session), RYAN VM's Pack integrates about four/five More Languages and Keyboards.

So of course you have to Have Another Session for removing those languages. ;-)

Thing is many of you are making that mistake of doing it in multiple runs when nLite works best if you do all in one go.

Meaning put your addons, IE7 and cofigure the OS all in the first run.

Plus, i sorta think the 'back' button would be good, since i like to reuse presets, but alter little things on them for my other computers (ie progs/themes/Product keys hehe)

so madhav, i agree, it would be a convenience for the user side, nuhi is it difficult for your end?

also, sorry to put this here, but:

when sorting add-ons/hotfixes by date, some hf's dates are in different formats, which throws off the sorting (see attatched).

does this hurt anything?

post-138544-1179419847_thumb.jpg

agreed!

I'm trying to keep a few AIO discs up to date and I keep having to restart nlite for each distro i update. Would be nice to have this feature added.

I don't think it'd be difficult to code either, but I don't know a whole lot about programming. My first instinct, though, is to think that i'd be extremely easy to code.

Madhav, regarding that only weird thing which goes in favor of doing it twice regarding languages...you can extract INTL.INF from the pack and overwrite the one in the i386 folder prior browsing to it with nlite then it will see those new languages before integration.

forever_ends and Over.Kill, making the button which actually only saves you from clicking on nlite shortcut isn't such a big deal. I mean instead of Finish - nLite you want just Back.

That would be fine by me but I like it to be completely restarted because it would take some adjustments to make sure that everything is in it's original startup position. So I don't justify that work because of one or two saved clicks. It is doable because bigger portion of that restart is done on every preset load (it had to have default settings for all pages) and I may still do it but can't promise it.

Regarding the Language Files ...

I also did not want the Language/KB files included.

Did as you said, copy INTL.INF from (RyanVM) Update Pack into /i386/ prior to browsing in nLite.

In nLite, I selected all Language files to be deleted. I do not know if the Update Pack file Language additions were included, I simply selected them all.

Anyhow, in the end, the LANG directory still ended up with those same (newer) Language files brought in by the Update Pack.

(Thats assuming I did things correctly. I am new at this.)

@Nuhi

Any possibility of add an feature after click Finish: Do you would like RENAME the Last Session.ini?

Many times I finish one session very tired (at advanced night, off course ) and leave to rename the "Last Session" on next day.

And at next night I do not remember what I tested with previous Last Session.ini

If nLite ask to RENAME the Last_Session.ini after click Finish, the information about I have tested is safe with real "name of issue tested.ini".

Thanks for this great program.

0d