SCRIPTEN.CAB

johndoe74

Hi Tomcat76,

I was just going through your update list for Win2K SP4, I notice you include both SCRIPTEN.CAB in HFCABS and KB917344 in HF when slipstreaming IE6. My question is, do we need to have both there ? Don't they both contain the same thing with 917344 being the latest available, hence SCRIPTEN.CAB contents being obsolete ? I've removed SCRIPTEN.CAB from my source and MBSA doesn't complain that it's missing (if 917344 is present)

Also 928090 needs to be replaced with 931768 :)

Edited by johndoe74

Yes, I'm aware of that. I just never got around to updating HFSLIP to remove the error messages that fly by when you exclude the cab. I'm currently discussing a thorough facelift of the IE6 slipstreaming code with TommyP. I'll mix this in with it.

does the beta release also cover other languages than english?

e.g. scripten.cab is english version, scriptde.cab is the german version and not covered?

are network installations covered? *g*

what are the benefits of the new slipstream method?

All versions of script*.cab are ignored if either script*.exe or *Script56*.exe are found in HF. I updated the changelog of the test release to make that clearer.

You shouldn't have a problem with a network-based installation because the one file which goes in Program Files\Internet Explorer (dw15.exe, one of the 6 extra files) is copied into a temporary folder on your hard disk during txtmode setup.

The differences from before are explained in the changelog:

- 6 extra files are slipstreamed (5 if you also slipstream WMP9 because dw15.exe exists in both packages)

- 3 new cab files are created in HFCABS to speed up consecutive HFSLIP runs

Edited by Tomcat76