Problem with KB931768

glentium

Found the prob. There are two, actually.

1) HFSLIP doesn't slipstream IE7 hotfixes with the new naming standard (they are ignored)

2) HFSLIP takes the newest ADVPACK.DLL. The one in the IE7 cumulative updates is newer than the one in the Roots Update, but since the latest cumulative is ignored you end up with version 6 from the Roots Update.

Will fix asap... :)

Tomcat, I found something out.

Were some of you installing the update for (Windows Internet Explorer). Note I did not put a version number. It is the wrong update. You need the one specifically for IE 7. I noticed that many, and I do mean many, people have had this issue, because the file is of a different version.

I just tested 3 runs. Running perfectly.

It is actually slipping the updates into an AIO installer for IE 7, and then running the installer after everything else has ran.

Here is what I did to ensure it was working.

1) Check svcpack.inf to see if the IE7 install was running after the HFSLIP.CMD file. If it was, then root certs were installing first, and as far as I know, that is completely okay.

2) If its not there, move the IE 7 installer after the batch file.

Have had absolutely no problems, and no critical updates needed.

:)

hi! prior to TC's post what i did was i took out roots cert from HF and proceeded w/ 931768 still in HF ... it slipstreamed ... i'll be using the latest test rel later to put everything back in ... hopefully, this nails it! :)