What is the salry range of a php programmer?

average im gussing 35$...

it really can be anything you want to charge.

STOP GUESSING! If you don't know, don't post. :realmad:

What is the average salary a php programmer can make?

There's a lot of different salary levels. There's no real average because it varies so much from company to company and from job to job. "PHP Programmer" is simply too vast to quantify. Some programmers may make a minimum salary wage while others can make up to $100,000/year. It depends if you're working for a large multinational corporation as a head programmer designing specialty code, say for a bank, or if you're working with a small home based web design team making websites for local stores and residents.

Even when it comes to PHP, there's different levels of programming involved. There are programmers who do strictly PHP, no HTML, no databasing, no layout, nothing. Just raw PHP. Then there are others who do it all, the entire webpage, right down to the graphics. The amount of involvement in your programming will also play into the payscale.

you dont know either.

i searched on google and found most ppl listing that their rates were between 30 and 40 dollars.

on average if that is his salery is 35$/hr then he will make ~73k a yr.

you dont know either.

i searched on google and found most ppl listing that their rates were between 30 and 40 dollars.

on average if that is his salery is 35$/hr then he will make ~73k a yr.

First off, everything I said is true. Second, I'm in the industry, you're just a kid. Third, google is not a reference, it's a tool.

Fourth, as proof of concept compare the following... average salary in Idaho is $37,000/yr. Fifth, what people list as their rates that they charge their customers does not equate to what he can expect to earn as a salary.

okay and in ny where i live it is 74k, 1k above where i guessed... but ny is also 26% higher for payrate according to that site. ny probably has a greater demand for programmers due to lots of businesses.

the average for php in general is 58k. so should we leave it at that?

• 5 weeks later...

the company i work for charges i believe 65 to 70 an hour. but i only make 20 of that.

the amount you make depends a lot on what type of experience that you have most people who start out in the field make around 35,000 a year depending on location.