Unattended install

Beppe

nuhi.. anyone.. few questions.. made a vlite install... but selected only! unattended setup.. now put in the key. selected accept EULA. and skip user creation without a password.. now when i go to install it.. when it first sets up. and u click install. after u click that it will still pop up the EULA and also ask me if u want to insert a key? even after i did it vlite. and at the end of install it will still ask me for a user name like it ignored my unattended setup? anyone else get this

Edited by Beppe

no. i booted from the cd. i even made another one lastnight. and tried it again. created username even skipped keys. EULA. ect booted from cd and it still asks me if i want to insert key or not. not sure wuts going on.? :realmad:

:realmad: maybe you entered the wrong key :P

Joking aside open the Autounattend.xml file in the DVD root and check inside the productkey line and confirm that it is exactly your key.

Btw attach your preset (the last session.ini and _u.ini from the dvd, BUT first edit the _u.ini and replace your key and other sensitive info with some random chars).

beppe your key should be for the vista edition you want to install. otherwise this screen will pop up

there is drop down box to select your OS edition just below the place where u enter the product key in vlite, it is easy to miss. (and should not exist at all. listening nuhi? hehe)

use that to MATCH your key version with Vista edition selected in vlite.

for example, you cant use ultimate key in business edition. you must use an ultimate key in ultimate vlited.

it will work. otherwise ure key is not right :)

Edited by pallavsuri

Last_Session_u.ini

Last_Session.ini

ok this is the deal.. the first attempt i put my key yes! it was correct i always double check my keys. i also skipped EULA. and did skip user creation. now when i go to install. everything loads up i click install and it will ask me to enter a key! so i m like ok i let that go. then i proceed to install windows vista. then when it comes time to the end of the install it will still ask me for a user name! and stuff so i m like grrr.. so i decided to make a new vlite on the fresh install. now wut i do it dont even select a key i skip key also along with EULA and user creation. after makin my vlite cd of course i apply and then rebuild only the editon i want to install. ect ect pop the dvd in comes to the screen to enter a key!! even though i checked skip key blah blah. yes in my list i selected the right version of windows. sorry i dont have the last sessions b/c i got fustrated and threw the dvds away and never saved the last session ini's

P.S.

ok i guess i lied

found

Edited by Beppe

nope never forgot to hit the apply button b/c after i hit apply it would ask me if i wanna bebuild the whole ISO to the only one i m using and i do it. so i dont think its that.. i m gonna try to just apply changes this time only and see wut happens