KB934238

johndoe74

Alright. These are clearly updates for .NET 3.0. I will update the SNM script for this when I have the time. It shouldn't be too hard to add support for them.

Gentle bump... Do you have a rough estimate on when this update for the SNM script will be available for test?

In the meantime: how to ensure that updates from HFSVCPACK_SW1 are run in a certain order? Does Windows setup execute them in alphabetical order?

Thanks a lot!

Tomalak

SNM has been updated. :)

Wow, thanks a lot, that was really fast! Just created new installers, testing them really soon.

But there's a little glitch during the execution of the script:

Processing .NET 1.1 installer...
Processing NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-x86.exe...
Processing NDP1.1sp1-KB886903-x86.exe...
Der Befehl "_" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder konnte nicht gefunden werden.
Processing langpack.exe...
[...]

(it means that the command "_" was either not written correctly or could not been found). The rest however seemed to work smoothly, and all three installers were created.

Thanks again,

Tomalak

Don't worry about that; it's harmless and happens because an empty file is created. I think I worked around the error message in another script but I apparantly forgot to do the same in SNM.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

WU says I need this and yet I have not got the .NET Framework 3.0 installed. :unsure:

However, I do have a related directory:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0

Thats as far as it goes, theres nothing in that directory.

Pretty bizarre.

As Tomcat76 says, this hotfix is a mess... it does not even put a .cat file in, the only thing I can see it puts in so you could reognize its even installed is a log file "XpsEPSC.log" in the WINDOWS folder and of course... CCleaner could potentially delete that log file.

I just wonder why, since I have never installed the .NET Framework 3.0 its saying I need this hotfix?