Shutdown issues

Pook

Enough of SP2 and nLight. It's getting annoying already.

I won't neither install SP2 nor to to use nLight, which breaks the drivers.

There's nothing better than the original CD, and if SP2 is incompatible with it,

I won't install SP2, or will you tell me to through away my computer and buy a different one with Vista installed,

since Microsoft is going to stop selling Windows XP in 2008, in order to fix a simple shutting down problem?

What advises will you give then?

I found the reason. It is Komodo firewall.

When I turn it off before shutting down / rebooting, I don't experience any problems.

How to enable Komodo to let me shut down my Windows?

I'd like to know now.

It's nLite, not nLight. And it doesn't "break drivers". You're absolutely mistaken.

I've used Comodo Firewall for a month in the past without issues. Why don't you politely ask on the Comodo Forum rather then being demanding which makes people think twice before wanting to help you.

Anyway, when experiencing shutdown/restart issues it's usually a hung application/service/driver. There's no need to troubleshoot as you've already identified the issue. Who knows, maybe it has to do with Comodo and SP1. :P

Edited by Jeremy

It's nLite, not nLight. And it doesn't "break drivers". You're absolutely mistaken.

I've used Comodo Firewall for a month in the past without issues. Why don't you politely ask on the Comodo Forum rather then being demanding which makes people think twice before wanting to help you.

Anyway, when experiencing shutdown/restart issues it's usually a hung application/service/driver. There's no need to troubleshoot as you've already identified the issue. Who knows, maybe it has to do with Comodo and SP1. :P

Sorry for my mistakes. As I said I am a foreigner. Though I am fluent to a certain extent in English, I have difficulties in understanding slang and specific technical terms. I tried nLite. It was not bad in comparison to AutoStreamer, but the language drivers were completely broken so that I couldn't use my native language support. No slipstreaming is unacceptable. And as I said I have no time for playing/experimenting. I just want to have the applications I need for my work running. That's all I want. But thanks anyway to you and other guys who replied. It help me to identify the problem. Can you tell where I can find this Komodo forum, you mentioned?

Enough of SP2 and nLight. It's getting annoying already.

I won't neither install SP2 nor to to use nLight, which breaks the drivers.

There's nothing better than the original CD, and if SP2 is incompatible with it,

I won't install SP2, or will you tell me to through away my computer and buy a different one with Vista installed,

since Microsoft is going to stop selling Windows XP in 2008, in order to fix a simple shutting down problem?

What advises will you give then?

I found the reason. It is Komodo firewall.

When I turn it off before shutting down / rebooting, I don't experience any problems.

How to enable Komodo to let me shut down my Windows?

I'd like to know now.

Do you think Microsoft invests hundreds of thousands of dollars in Windows Service Packs and Windows Updates for the fun of it? If you refuse to take proper advice because you find it "annoying" then you're posting in the wrong forum and MSFN is not the place for you. If you have only SP1 installed then you're missing over 150 hotfixes which can very well be responsible for causing a multitude of issues that you may experience.

Refusing to accept the facts will yield no pity from us.