Multi-Monitors

M_win

Hello.

I recently got a TV and since I have had no use for it. I decided to hook it up to my computer as a Secondary display. It works great, better than what I expected. I use Windows Media Center to watch videos and stuff on it, but now I have a few questions.

I was wondering if I could get a program (shell extension, whatever) which will let me choose fullscreen programs to run on the secondary display instead of the primary, as Windows Vista does not have an option to do this. Also, things like text and videos look slightly grainy, or even blurry, more than what would be If I just had a DVD player hooked up to my TV. Any one have some good tricks for this?

My configuration is as follows:

ATI RADEON 9600 XT<->S-Video Cable(3 ft)<->RadioShack Coupler<->S-Video Cable (3 ft.)<-> 27" TV

I also plan on buying a TV tuner

there is no way to fix the text unless you decide to get a HDTV. the resolution on ur tv (and mine) just sucks. but at least those videos play fine. i have a similar connection but i use a radioshack svideo->rca converter which makes it look even crappier for text.

dvds are meant for tv(low res) so they display fine.

if you get an analog tv tuner then make sure it has a nice resolution.

for the fullscreen programs? do you have some examples? i would test them first by setting your tv as the primary monitor thru the desktop properties screen.

I came up with a solution.

First of all, for the text problem, I adjusted the TV's settings to the best possible, also made sharpness softer to improve text quality. Then in the Catalyst Control Center, I changed the S-video output to More (sharper) and that made the image quality improve greatly.

At first, there were big blue and yellow color blotches on the TV, but they went away.

The to get full-screen apps to run on the TV, I set te TV as primary monitor. But, since The TV desk space is alo smaller than my Monitor's Desk space, I dragged all my icons and the Task bar over to my monitor (which still remains the secondary monitor)

But thanks to all the people that helped me anyways.

Standard television has a resolution of 480 interlaced visible scanlines. Therefore setting your videocard to 640x480 output to your television will yield optimal output. The rest is just a matter of tweaking with your video card's drivers.