installing xp on 128MB is possble ?

aviv00

how much memory the windows xp configed with nlite will take ?

anyone have idea ?

i want to install xp on my old laptop

with just 128MB

now its with win98 and working very unstable

thx for help

Sorry, actually I don't have that PC anymore and neither do I have the ini..

But I removed pretty much everything possible ;).. And the HD usage should be about 1GB with Hiberfil and Pagefile..

If you can spare 1GB on the HDD atm you should just create another partition and try it ;)

I've run a fairly good and functional nLite version on an old 400 MHz laptop with just 63MB of RAM. Slow but the machine is slow anyway. Adding 128 MB of memory to it didn't actually make a whole load of difference on cos it is so slow to start with but it works.

I've run a fairly good and functional nLite version on an old 400 MHz laptop with just 63MB of RAM. Slow but the machine is slow anyway. Adding 128 MB of memory to it didn't actually make a whole load of difference on cos it is so slow to start with but it works.

i did that too :) on 400mhz cellron i success to reduced the memory used to 57mb :) really good and working fine but only for watch vcd :D then im happy

I also can proclaim success in installing xp with 64mb of ram on an old P2, no problem at all. 64mb is supose to be the minimum that XP needs. If you have an OEM CD it won't install on any thing less, but there's some hack (probably using nlite) that can install XP on less.

I also seen a while back windows XP for legacy PCs, I forget how much that needed but it was less than 64.

128 Mb is more than sufficient to run many applications. With same 128 mb 2000sp4+updaterollup1 is a better choice.

well i disagree with u i think xp have compatibility with all the programs then its better install it with minimal settings