best xp version for a laptop?

highlander317

What's he/she using it for?

Windows XP home is fine for most home uses like email and web browsing and some word processing and stuff.

Windows XP Media Center is the best choice I say because it's built on XP Professional, so you get most of the XP Pro features. It also comes with all the media stuff.

Windows XP Professional if you need to connect to a domain, etc. This is essentially the only XP Pro feature left out of media center edition.

I don't know if you can still get XP Media Center. What OS is currently on the computer? I know you can still get XP Home and XP Pro.

I was thinking more of the windows version that have been altered by nlite? As far as i know he only uses it for basic stuff bit of word processing, web browsing , no serious gaming.

Can any version of windows be installed onto a laptop? Never reinstalled on a laptop yet lol sorry for being dim

MCE , Pro or Home are differents because they don't "integrate" some native features, such multimedia for MCE , such network & admin for pro ...

All windows xp version, even Home, do gaming or execute all programs as the same level, there isn't different playing FarCry on XP Home or XP Pro !!!

All windows xp version can be installed on any laptop